Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lori Scanga
Dr. Lori Scanga, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hillsborough, NC. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Clinical Pathology, Pathology, Internal Medicine and Cytopathology. Dr. Scanga is affiliated with University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill, Duke Raleigh Hospital and Dorothea Dix Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Lori Scanga has the following 4 specialties
- Clinical Pathology
If you’ve ever provided a urine or blood sample, you’ve worked with a clinical pathologist — you probably just didn’t know it. They work behind the scenes in laboratories to examine bodily fluid specimens and detect substances or diseases....
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists...
Dr. Lori Scanga is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hillsborough, NC.
Dr. Susan Bradford
Pathology, Clinical Pathology
Hillsborough, NC 0.89 mi46
Dr. Timothy Brotherton
Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology
Hillsborough, NC 1.24 mi35
Dr. Melissa Rich
Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine
Hillsborough, NC 1.24 mi24