inactive

Lori B Schaen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

November 16th, 2015
What she did worked ... what more can one say? She's also a very pleasant person. The staff is super as well - friendly & efficient.

April 25th, 2015
I am not yet sure about the accurate diagnosis but the visit was great.

November 18th, 2014
Dr. Schaen's Practice
I have visited the office three time and thus, far have never seen Dr. Schaen. I hope she is as awesome as her reputation, but some patients will never know. I do plan to find a different Dermatologist as I haven't seen the awesome service and great results I have read about. Thank you for my annual mole check though.

April 24th, 2014
I'm Impressed!
Being in the medical industry, I am very particular about the doctors I choose to use. Dr. Schaen is absolutely wonderful. She is very thorough, knowledgeable and kind. She took time to answer all my questions and concerns. Her staff is very friendly as well! I will be referring her to my friends and family.

December 16th, 2013
The Best Dermatologist - Look No Further!
Dr. Schaen is the best dermatologist I have ever seen. I wish I had found her 15+ years ago. I would have saved so much time and frustration. I was referred to Dr. Schaen and made the 1 1/2 hour drive because she was honestly my last resort. When I arrived, I was greeted by a friendly staff who took me straight back to my room. Dr. Schaen came in she spent a lot of time explaining my condition, the treatment options and realistic expectations. I left there with the biggest smile on my face. For the first time in my life I felt like there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Dr. Schaen (and her P.A. Juliena Gigon) has been a Godsend to me. My skin has improved dramatically and I couldn't be happier.

December 15th, 2013
Skin problems
Dr Schaen is the best Dermatologist I have ever been to and I've been to plenty. She took the time to figure out my problem. Created a treatment plan and it worked. She is highly professional, her services are priced fairly and her staff is great. If you are looking for a Dermatologist who will fix your skin problem and not just prescribe a bunch of pills...go see Dr Schaen. Plus her practice carries a great line of skin products that you can purchase right on site.

July 16th, 2012
Great Docs and No PA's
At Dunwoody Dermatology you will always see a Real Doctor! I've had frustrating experiences at two other derm offices with Physician Assistants ("PA's"). If I'm seeking (and paying for) medical services then I expect to be treated by a real physician, not a "glorified nurse". Dunwoody Dermatology has award-winning physicians like: Lori Schaen, MD and they don't employ any PA's. I appreciate that!

July 7th, 2011
The Best!!
I cant believe I waited so long to see Dr Schaen. I am 33 years old and have acne since my teenage years. She quickly addressed the problem and my skin has never been better. My only regret is not having met her sooner!

April 26th, 2011
Worst experience ever
I waited almost a month to get in to see Dr Schaen. When I was about 10 minutes late due to traffic after driving an hour to get there, I was turned away. I called to let the staff know I was on my way more than 20 minutes before my appt time but that I was stuck in traffic. I was pretty much told to get there before 11:30, my appt was for 11:15. Evidently she does not have 15 minutes to spend with her patients and tries to squeeze as many of us in as possible to feed her pockets. I was also told by her staff she only alots 15 minutes per patient. So sorry if you need to discuss anything further with her because you will be cut off and told to leave.

April 11th, 2011
I've had a difficult allergy and Dr. Schaen was very knowledgeable and helpful in identifying the problem and how to treat it. Her staff is excellent and they get back to me very quickly if I have a question or need a persciption refill. The office is very organized and I've never waited to see her.

December 29th, 2010
Dissapointed with service
I spent a great deal of time researching dermatologists on line and saw that Dr. Schaen got great reviews so I booked an appointment with her months in advance. I drove at least an hour to get the office. From the reviews I read I thought the drive would be worth it. I ended up making a wrong turn and got lost since I'm not familiar with the area and arrived 10 minutes late. When I got there I spoke with Shantel who seemed to lack all understanding and told me I would have to come back, I explained to the Shantel that this was my first time coming here and I drove very far and understood if I had to wait some time to see the dermatologist. Very dry showed absolutely no understanding and said I would have to reschedule I was very dissapointed with their service and complete lack of understanding. They didn't even try to work with me even when I was willing to wait. I am a health care provider myself and I realize when people's practices grow and they become too commercialized they loose their personal touch. Apparently losing business is not important because they already feel they have enough business. I might have just gotten the short end of the stick that day but felt like they completely lacked understanding and personal touch. I have already rescheduled with another dermatogist maybe this dermatologist derserves the business

January 21st, 2009
THE Best
Dr. Schaen is caring, competent, and well skilled. My wife had a small bump on her nose that two other dermatologists had dismissed in recent years. Dr. Schaen diagnosed the cancer and treated it right away. Others would burn a few of the spots on my bald head and tell me to come back in a year; she gave me a blue light treatment on the complete area of my scalp and forehead which did a thorough job of removing the spots and even rejuvenated my skin. She also found cancer spots missed by my previous docs - probably because they were always in a hurry to cha-ching, instead of being a healthcare partner for me.