Dr. Lorie Belitere-Blessing MD Patient Reviews

• Geriatric Medicine Plano, TX

May 15th, 2017
Times doctor spent with patient
My first appointment for my Mom was great. The nurse and doctor spent times with her for a long time. The experience with My Dad first appointment was totally different. The nurse took us to the room right way for checking and questions. We didn't see the doctor came to talk to my Dad as should be for new patient until after about 40 minutes. She didn't do normal check for him as my Mom. Only said that will let us know the blood result. We received the result and asked for follow up. The second follow up appointment was the same as the first time. The doctor didn't come to see him after about 40 minutes. She did not even do any checking to my Dad. She just said need another blood draw for more test and let us know the result. Not sure why our experiences were so different for my Dad. He was not very happy. Took a little long time to have available follow up schedule.

February 1st, 2017
Dr. Blessing is a phenomenal doctor!!
My whole family loves her. Kind and caring. Once you become her patient, you will never look at doctors the same, because you will realize what a terrible job every other doctor did regarding your health management. Dr. Blessing is truly one of a kind - treats dementia. If you are tired of seeing a million specialists - condense it down to one. She is board certified and fellowship educated in Geriatrics. I could go on and on, but you really should just do yourself a favor and go see her. In a world full of arrogant and uncaring doctors, Dr. Blessing will dazzle you and make you feel like the most special person in the world.

January 21st, 2017
I LOVE DR. BLESSING
Dr. Blessing had been my primary care doctor for years. There are so many great things to write about her that it would take a year to write it all down. Her specialty is Geriatrics, which means that she knows everything about what happens to you and your body as you age. I would not go anywhere else and am happy to say that I will keep Dr. Blessing as my doctor until I die. She manages my diabetes, thyroid issues, dementia - she treats everything that she possibly can without referring you to a million specialists.

August 26th, 2016
Where is she?
If anyone has information on where Dr. Blessing is now practicing, would you please post that information on this page? I am also disappointed that she has left and would like to find her current location even if it isn't in Plano. Thanks.

August 15th, 2016
Loved her but...
My husband and I were patients of Dr. Blessing in her previous practice and felt we would be for a long time and then she left the practice with no notice to her patients...it was very upsetting and for several months I have tried to find her with no luck until today! I am disappointed to see she is now in a location not accessible to us from Plano. We have gone all these months without an Internist hoping we could continue with her so now have to look for another physician. I just wish we had been given the facts of her leaving so we could have been prepared.

April 2nd, 2016
Love her.. Would never pick another doctor or change doctors ever again. Knows what she is doing and knows absolutely everything about dementia and and memory loss.. My husband has Alzheimer's dementia. I had know idea that there are so many different types of dementia. she does memory testing her office.. Goes through risk factors. Talks to you about how and why you use particular medications. And helps to keep family at home. I saw her and was at the end of my rope. My husband was angry and upset all the time. Part of the process. I told Dr. Blessing that I wasn't sure I would be able to keep him at home much longer... For the last 2 months, we worked on different medication regimens, and now, he is doing so much better!!! God Bless you Dr. Blessing - I hope you know how much you mean to me and the community. I could never has asked for a better person and Doctor to help me through all of this...

February 28th, 2016
Account
I felt very at ease during my visit with Dr.Blessing. My mom has Demenia and never had a doctor take so much time and apathy for my mother.

October 26th, 2015
New Doctor for Older Person
Very difficult to find Medicare doctor in the Plano area. I was afraid, that because I had already gotten turned down by about 30 other doctors in the area after telling them I have Medicare, that maybe I would be stuck with a doctor that wasn't very good and would have little to no options if I had to searching all over again for a Medicare doctor. My fears were unfounded. Dr. Blessing is amazing and the best doctor I have ever had. Wonderful person and she makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world. Thorough and complete. And she is specialized in geriatrics (treatment of older people). I struck gold when I found her. I refer everyone to her and will continues to do so.

May 12th, 2015
Elderly Patient - LOVE THIS DOCTOR
I saw Dr. Blessing after having my doctor for 40 years. I was scared to start over. And also worried about seeing a female doctor for the first time. I have now seen her on multiple occasions. It is refreshing that she is so caring and knows so much about older patients. In a world of too busy doctors, this doctor is one of a kind. I have now sent everyone I know to her. Her office is located in Plano. I am not sure why she is listed as being in Dallas. Maybe they can update this website.

April 11th, 2015
New primary care doctor
Best doctor. Highly recommend any senior needing a doctor to see Dr. Blessing. She is compassionate and thorough. Most doctors hand out prescriptions and spend as little time as possible to be able to get paid. Not this doctor. She practices conservative medicine and is extremely knowledgeable about seniors and why certain medications should be avoided as you get older and also which medications can interact with other medications. She also spends time educating you on medicines that can be bought at the store and ones to avoid. Which can be a big issue when you are on a ton of medications like I am. ***Her office is in Plano and but Dallas though..

April 1st, 2015
Visit
Great experience. Good staff. Only sees senior patients. 65 years and set. Highly recommend.

March 26th, 2015
Geriatric Visit
Her office is actually located in Plano and the address listed is an old address. I have been to many doctors over the years. I was scared about changing doctors after my physician retired. My neighbor recommended Dr. Blessing and I could not have made a better choice. She is caring and one of the best doctors I have met. She took time to listen to me and ALL of my problems. I find myself getting more worried about things as I am getting older. Because she is specialized in patients over 65 and in memory loss and dementia issues, she knew just the right things to say to help me feel like she will help me through all of my medical problems as I age. She is an exceptional physician. Once you get in to see her as a new patient, they always work hard to get you an appointment the same day if same urgent comes up once you are established. Love her and her nurse.