Dr. Lorie Gearhart MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 11th, 2016
Mother of patient
Over medicated son. Also prescribed controlled substance medications to a person with prior abuse of prescription drugs.

July 10th, 2015
Great difficult scheduling the first appointment. No one answers the phone, or returns called. Finally had some luck scheduling online. I had to go through several emails to get a time that worked for them. Finally, got an appointment and it was confirmed. Waited for over an hour. The doctor started to leave, and when I said I had an appointment, they said sorry, they didn't have me on their list. Horribly unorganized.

July 25th, 2014
Very unhappy- new patient beware
I never saw Dr. Gearhart but I wasted a lot of time trying! I left multiple messages at Dr. Gearhart's office but my calls we're never returned. There is an online site that makes you believe that you are able to set up an appt. with her. The first was cancelled. Here's what happened when I went for the 2nd. 1. The receptionist stated that I did not have an appt. and the website was not theirs? 2. She told me that Dr. Gearhart was not taking new patients and gets about 20 calls a day and so can't deal with them! Here's my biggest problem with that. I have two children with disabilities plus have my own health issues so we have dealt with many, many doctors. How tough is it to have your office answering machine say that you are not accepting new patients?!!! Every other psychiatrist that I've seen had this. I called Dr. Gearhart's machine several times. The message never said this and the online site leads you to believe that you are setting an appt.- even new patients! Dr. Gearhart would not have 20 people calling daily if she would do this and she would not waste our time. I find her lack of organization and professionalism very questionable and would not want to see her after all this. I need a doctor with an organized practice who will respond to me quickly if I need them to.

July 18th, 2013
Compassion
Thoughtful, compassionate, what can I say? I got well with this wonderful doctor's help.