inactive

Lorie D Gottwald MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

December 18th, 2014
Professor
Lorie Gottwald ordered a sedated MRI for my 11-week-old son--before even seeing him or me--and then, when I wrote her a letter saying that I was not comfortable putting him through such a procedure before even seeing the doctor who ordered it, she cut us off and refused to see my son AT ALL. This was in 2003, and I was a scared new mother who did not know that a doctor could or would behave this way. Eleven years later, I am still angry about this and also confused--except that Gottwald seemed to think that her "order" should rule and I should simply defer to it.

May 26th, 2013
Appt. are only scheduled at their convenience. Went in every month for 5 months straight. Saw NP two of those times, not Dr. Gottwald. Have HS. One track mind for treatment options. When accutane didn't work, dosage was increased. Nothing else was ever tried. Ended up in the hospital with skin infection, PICC line antibiotics, referred to surgeon, etc. Dr. Gottwald completely unaware. Does not listen to patients!!! Begged for four months to have one prescription renewed that did help, to no avail. Had to seek help elsewhere.

April 8th, 2011
Dr. Gottwald is a very caring doctor she is very friendly and very knowledgeable. She is a true professional.

October 17th, 2010
patient care not a prioritiy
During 5 years of care my treatment was compromised twice by poor communication on the medical team. A letter to the doctor after the first incident was ignored. The second incident made it clear patient care is dispensed only at the doctor's convenience. I am seeking treatment elsewhere.