Dr. Lorna Avila MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Staten Island, NY

February 6th, 2017
Caring doctor who will get your life back on track
Dr. Avila is the most caring psychiatrist on Staten Island. I have been seeing her almost 7 years. She will get you back on track fast. She is very tough but caring in the same manner. She always follows up after appointments or returns your call within a day if you have a concern. She is very prompt if any paper work has to be filled out. She also is extremely accurate and requests blood work from you every 3-6 months, especially if you are on heavy duty medications. When you have an appointment scheduled with her, it is a very short wait. She never overbooks or makes you wait longer than you have to. She gives you her full time when you are with her and she never brushes you out the door with questions unanswered. She has not only become a doctor to me but she is also like a life coach and I feel like I can talk to her about anything. Most psychiatrists just prescribe you meds and send you on your way but not her. She has helped me so much along the way and I plan on staying with her as long as I can. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She has gotten me through some of the roughest times of my life. She also stays in contact with my support group, my family, and always looks out for my best interest. Also she would never prescribe me a medication I am not comfortable with. She is not at all a dictator. She will give me options and go over all of the pros and cons and we make the decision together. Most doctors have pros and cons but with her, its all pros and no cons at all.

May 20th, 2015
A great doctor who is always there for you, makes you feel at ease and KNOWS HER JOB!!!
Dr. Avila has been there for me from the beginning since being diagnosed with Bipolar I disorder, which is an unpredictable and completely disabling disorder. She had me functioning within a few days after prescribing me my medications and almost completely stabilized within a few days. I have been seeing her on and off since 2011 and she has been there for me every bit of the way when I needed treatment for my disorder. She knows exactly what your needs are and she even calls and follows up with you after your visits just to make sure you are doing well overall, mentally as well as physically. I see her once a month and feel I can call her whenever I have any doubts about how I am feeling or even if I have a panic attack (which I am prone to as well). She is the most compassionate but also straight to the point doctor and has helped me through all of my rough paths I have experienced. Thanks to her, I can function, even when relapsing and have a normal life.