Dr. Lorna Barte MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 5th, 2016
I feel blessed to have such a wonderful doctor with Dr. Barte
From the moment I met Dr. Barte, I knew my life was going to taken care of. She is very intelligent, has a great "bedside manner" and treated me with respect and dignity. She prescribed the perfect medicine for my affliction. My primary doctor referred me to Dr. Barte. She's wonderful and I couldn't be happier.

February 1st, 2016
Danger- stay away
If you are looking for a Doctor that is compassionate and kind keep on looking. I was referred to her by my own GP. I arrived 30 minutes early to fill in paperwork as they requested. I waited almost 2 hours in the waiting room as she took in other patients that came in after me. Multiple people came in and just spoke to the desk staff and to pick up their prescriptions of Zanax and were told that they had to reduce the quantity they were getting because the DEA was looking at them. Not something you really want to hear. When they finally called me in the first thing Dr. Barte said to me was "your answering machine isn't working". I said "I don't have an answering machine I have a cell phone with voicemail". She repeated her first comment as if I never said anything. She said we tried to call you yesterday and cancel your appointment. I said "I did receive a call from her office confirming my appointment. My appointment I made 2 months ago". Then she continued and said that she is not taking new patients and that she on,y greats people over 65 (geriatric psychiatry). Which was a lie since I saw many people come and go that were well under 65. She was rude, insulting and had absolutely no kindness or compassion. She also lowered herself to gossiping about my referring Doctor speaking absolute lies which was extremely unprofessional. Also, please do not fall for her scam of having her do a DNA test. The cost is $3000 and totally worthless as I found out when I showed it to my new psychiatrist. I could tell you more reasons why you should NOT see this doctor, but I hope this was enough to keep you looking somewhere else

December 29th, 2015
past experience
This was not a very warm dr, she was extremely rushed,had a very cold demeanor & seemed uninterested & preoccupied. I left the office feeling this was very unacceptable.

December 29th, 2015
She's the best
Dr Barte so far is the best psychiatrist I 've been to. She listens, explains, gives options and spends time with her patients. My previous psychiatrists only spent 5 minutes and only to write prescriptions.Dr Barte is highly recommended. Hard to find one like her!!

November 14th, 2015
Service No Longer Satisfactory
Staff not efficient filling prescription. Will tell you that prescription was already submitted to my pharmacy only to be told two weeks later that it will be submitted right away. One particular staff is very and unprofessional over the phone.

September 7th, 2015
best in my book
she is the best. She rally care for you and knows other systems you may and is explaining how the two work. You will fell better and feel yourself again. She is Bar none thebest,she is the best. You have give her time to Analyze you. One are two visits are not going to do it. You have with at you appointment ....it's because she send time without. So when it's you turn she wifi do the same for you.

July 10th, 2015
Wonderful physician
I found Dr. Barte to be caring, kind, and considerate. Her staff also was kind and listened to me on the phone even before I made my first appointment. I had to wait a bit to see her, but when I was in the room I realized that I waited only because she gives each patient the time they need rather than watching a clock. She is excellent with medications and what she has prescribed for me has been very helpful. I also saw the psychologist for therapy and he was wonderful-most helpful. I also saw the nurse practitioner for follow-up and was very pleased with her as well. She is a good listener and very caring. This is a good team, including their office staff. Everything was explained to me in advance regarding my insurance and my responsibility regarding payment. They billed my insurance even though they are not contracted with my plan. I am most pleased with my experience there.

June 12th, 2015
Reinforced feelings of hopelessness
Very rushed, horrible bedside manner. Felt worse after visit than before.

April 15th, 2015
1 of the best head Dr.'s that I have seen. She will listen to me, then tell me ways to help deal with my triggers. Nichole is also great if you need an awsome ear to vent your delimas to.

January 8th, 2015
I believe that she can help me

August 23rd, 2012
She is taking car of my Mother who has had a stroke with associated depression and anxiety. I have found her to be very caring with a great grasp of my Mothers issues and she found the right combination of medications to help her. I think she is fantastic.

July 6th, 2012
2 Thumbs down
-Receptionist was shortwebsite bit rude on the phone when scheduling appt. and in person during my visit.-Dr Barte never got a health history or list of current meds which seemed extremely odd for any new patient visit.-Actual time with DR Barte was 15 min. before she prescribed meds and scheduled my follow-up visit. Again a bit strange for initial visit.-I got the impression she didnt care i felt very hurried.-I would not recommend Dr Barte to a friend or family member.