Dr. Lorraine Sonoda Fogel MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Kamuela, HI

2.5

February 14th, 2017
Worst experience EVER!!
Dr. Fogels visit with me was by far the worst experience with a medical professional I have EVER had!! I would sit in misery before subjecting myself to her nasty, hateful and racist berating. GO TO THE ER!!!

March 2nd, 2016
Saw Dr Lorraine Sonada Fogel today. The staff was wonderful. The doctor on the other hand was rude and unprofessional. After speaking with my own physician she suggested that I go to an Urgent Care as I was having an extreme asthma attack due to a cold. My physican suggested a brief course of prednisone as I am on Coumadin which I have had to be on in extreme cases when I can't breath (every 5 years or so). Dr. Fogel proceeded to demean my physician and told me " that I would die" if she put me on prednisone. After getting me so upset in which I had an even worse time breathing. She gave me a prescription and told me if I died it wouldn't be her responsibility. I contacted my physician and my anti coagulation clinic and both said I should take the prednisone as it was a brief course. I have been in the medical field for over 30 years and have yet to witness the rudeness and unprofessional attitude that I experienced today with Dr. Fogel.

October 7th, 2015
Said not able to see patient and the patient was my 4 year old son. Never going there again to see her.

February 6th, 2014
I had Type 2 Diabetes and she did NOT figure this out!!
I had met her through a friendship between our daughters.....She was starting her practice in Hilo and asked me to come to her as a patient. I made an appointment to see her because I had an itchy rash under my breasts as well as a raging yeast infection in my vagina....it turned out that it WAS candida, resulting from very high glucose levels! I had Type 2 diabetes and she DID not figure this out!! She wasn't interested in my health......She was more interested in giving me lip service that I was wrong for NOT sending my daughter out of state to go to college!!! She is very unprofessional, rude and self absorbed. I would NEVER go to any clinic where she was practicing medicine!! I would rate her NO stars......!!

December 17th, 2013
Wrong information about this doctor. She is great!
Information and reviews are incorrect about this physician. These must be some disgruntled people unhappy with their lives. Who would say such nasty things. She was only a provider at Bay Clinic and not the CEO. She has no criminal or malpractice suits. This site needs to get their information right!

April 26th, 2011
We have visited Dr. Sonada-Fogel numerous times. Her bedside manner is extremely compassionate, her diagnosis have been on target each time, and she calls us regarding labs, questions etc. without fail. Wouldn't go to anyone else.

November 4th, 2010
I you love your life "DON'T GO AND SEE HER"
I have been to many doctor's but I have have never seen anyone like Dr Sonoda-Fogel.She was very mean and cold,she wouldn't let me speak and when I tried to tell her why I was there to see her she told me "that nothing was wrong with me and the pain I was feeling was nothing she could help me with" this women shouldn't be a doctor and the lifes of people shouldn't be left in her hands

November 3rd, 2010
I've never had a doctor make me feel so uncomfortable, uneasy, and furious in my life. She just skimmed over my record and tried to make a diagnosis without ever letting me talk. She actually put her hand up to my face and said "stop talking!" I've been to Waimea Urgent Care many times and the rest of the doctors and staff are wonderful and friendly. So if you go and only Dr. Fogel is there, you'd be better off going to the emergency room.

August 29th, 2010
Akamai Local Doctor
Beautiful office, nice staff, good doctor.

February 10th, 2010
Don't go to her!
She is rude, mean and just down right unprofessional. Do not see her at her office or at Urgent Care! You should just go to the ER! She is always wrong, never really checks anyone out and is just an awful doctor! She can cost you your life, so please ADVISE go to someone else! She is TERRIBLE!

March 23rd, 2009
Dr. Sonoda-Fogel unprofessional
Very poor chairside manner. Never met her before, acted "angry" with me...felt personal. Be aware