Dr. Louis Adler Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Louis Adler?

October 29th, 2014

I am a 40 year-old female. I went to this office for wrist pain. At first I saw the P.A., and not Dr. Adler. The P.A. (Tamar Bagget) was wonderful. He diagnosed me with a fractured wrist as well as ulnar styloid impaction syndrome, something that would be a chronic problem as it is a congenital deformity in the ulnar bones. The P.A. gave me steroid injections a few times to help with pain. They worked for a few months at a time, each time. A year later I was still having pain so they booked me with Dr. Adler. On the very first visit he proceeded to tell me that I didn't have the diagnosis of ulnar styloid impaction or ever had a broken wrist. I told him I very much so did, that I had seen the x-rays myself and for him to take a look at the x-rays right then and there, otherwise I would not see him. He looked at it very quickly and told me the same, I didn't have it. I said "Can you please take a closer look? This is my body we are talking about. I am in pain and I want it fixed." He seemed annoyed but looked again, taking longer. He finally said "Oh, well I guess he was right, easy to miss, the fracture was small and so are the bone processes." He never apologized for his rudeness or dismissing me. He gave me an injection, which helped for a few months. I asked him what other options there were, because the P.A. mentioned possible surgery to fix the impaction, and that I likely had it in both wrists. Adler said it wasn't bad enough for surgery yet but we could talk about it in the future if it continued to be a problem. A few months later I went back, hoping for another injection and asked about surgery. He told me he would not perform surgery on me, that it would give me more pain, that he didn't believe I was in as much pain as I said I was. I was in grad school and could barely sign my own name to things because of the pain. I also make jewelry and have had to take breaks for months at a time from this because I could not even hold the tools correctly without pain. He gave me an injection in one wrist but not the other because he said there was too much risk of the cartilage dissolving, as I'd already had a few injections there. And reiterated that he would absolutely not perform surgery on me. I asked him what other options there were. He said "None". I started crying, I couldn't help it, I was in so much pain and felt so disabled and that I couldn't even get dressed by myself sometimes, wasn't there anything we could do? Nope. Nothing. No PT, OT, no meds, no nothing. At which point he walked out of the room. I never went back. I am currently looking for a good physician for a second opinion. Was this because I have Medicaid? Was this because I was a woman? He kept asking me about my other medications, which include antidepressants and anxiety meds, as well as pain medication for fibromyalgia and a back injury. Was this a case of him thinking it was all in my head, or drug seeking? I will probably never know. I only know I felt disrespected and dismissed. I will NEVER return to him.

September 26th, 2012

I was in a car accident and unfortunalty went to this doctor and was he couldnt find a problem went to see another doctor for a 2nd opinion and ended up having 3 surguries whats wrong with that picture is it because i am on masshealth or cause it was a car accident or cause the doctor didnt have a clue I know what docotor I will not be going back to and recomending I thought he was going to be good at first

January 10th, 2017