Dr. Louis Almekinders MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

November 23rd, 2015
Excellent physician
This was me 4th doctors opinion for a bad knee. I was frustrated by lack of diagnosis or treatment for a very sore, swollen knee, and had had 2 x 8-week sessions of unsuccessful physical therapy prior to finding Dr. Almekinders, who was recommended to me by a co-worker. He was straightforward, knowledgeable, and, most important- helpful. I can now walk my daily 4 miles again, thanks to this doc.

January 12th, 2015
worse after surgery
I had chronic pain in my left shoulder for several years. I had seen other doctors previously that were not much help. I saw Dr. Almekinders, where he recommended a shoulder replacement due to severe arthritis (I was only in my low 40's at the time). During the surgery he found he could only do a partial replacement, as he ran into something unexpected. Six months after the surgery my pain and range of motion was much worse. He started to act like I was making it up, as I was "supposed" to be much better. Even before the surgery he seemed to get irritated if I had questions, and he had even less patience after the surgery. Now two years later, I have MUCH worse pain, much more often; my left arm struggles just to lift a cup of coffee! Often when I use my left arm, people around me can hear what sounds like LOUD rice crispies crackling and crunching. My shoulder also often pops (audibly), as it appears there is an utter lack of stability. I used to be an avid fitness freak, and now something as simple as mowing the lawn can cause debilitating pain. Then again, I am in pain when at complete rest! Do yourself a favor and AVOID this man!

October 1st, 2012
He is serious and knows what he is doing. Had an excellent experience with him. He had the right diagnosis and took care of my shoulder in an expert fashion and had a great result. If you want a straight forward opinion and expert care, he is the one to see.

December 2nd, 2011
Poor orthopeadic doctor
It took a long time to make an appointment. I had a severe dislocated and broken shoulder and he didn't want to prescribe pain meds and when I i ...

September 28th, 2010
ACL Surgery
I had ACL surgery several months ago. I couldn't be any happier with Dr. Almekinders or his office. He's friendly, professional, and seems to know what he's doing. My knee feels great now.

July 25th, 2010