Ophthalmologist, Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Herman Tyson on Apr 17th, 2015

Between 3/18/15 to 4/16/15 I was transformed and restored from a bad case of cataracts in both eyes to 20/20 vision with surgical procedures. Really impressed with the professionalism and performance of Dr. Alpern and his staff.

Dec 11th, 2014

way better than i though.excellent in all levels of care.

rating Dr. Alpern show details rating Dr. Alpern
by Richard and Caroline Taylor on Nov 21st, 2014

the wait at the surgical center was way too long and the waiting room was just too dang cold

Excellence show details Excellence
by Anna K on Sep 22nd, 2014

The office staff and Dr. Alpern are professionals. However, their professionalism is just the beginning, from the minute you talk to the receptionist you're made to feel important! Everyone is very courteious, caring and friendly. You don't feel rushed through an exam or made to feel as just another patient number. A person feels that ones concerns are, also, their own concerns. I recommend Dr. Alpern and all his staff highly.

Review show details Review
by Virginia G. on Jul 17th, 2014

I would most certainly pick Dr. Alpern again. I have my husband going to see him and always recommend him to others. I had a cataract removed and have had no problems. I call it my "Bionic" eye because I don't need to wear glasses except at night.

by John on Mar 2nd, 2014

Most professional well trained staff. The whole cataract procedure is very well organize from the first vist to the final visit. Dr Louis Alpern is most professional and informative. I was told he is the best in town and I can now attest to this. Dr Alpern has restored my eye sight to what I remember over 20 years ago. Thank You !

The most excellent ophthalmology care show details The most excellent ophthalmology care
by Johanan L. on Jan 21st, 2014

Dr. Alpern and his dedicated well-trained staff provide exemplary superlative care. Support for the patient based on long and good experience avoids problems. Kindness and real concern make being a patient safe and pleasant.

Cataract Surgery show details Cataract Surgery
by Kenneth W on Nov 22nd, 2013

I have had the pleasure of being a patient of Dr. Alpern for the last 5 years. During my annual examination In 2013 he determined that I had cataracts in both eyes, fast growing, and certainly affecting my eyesight. Since I enjoy competetive skeet and trap shooting it was important that surgery be skillfully performed to remove the cataracts. The two surgeries were performed and my vision is back to 20/20 and depth perception is the same as when I was in my early 20s. Kudos to Dr. Alpern.

retired show details retired
by Jose Rodriguez on Aug 12th, 2013

Dr. Alpern has been my Dr. for many years, had my last appointment on 8/8/13. I had cataract surgery both eyes, treatment for glaucoma and now I have a 20/20 vision. I highly recommend any one for his service. Thank you Dr. Alpern for your skills.

May 22nd, 2013

Very attentive doctor and staff, first visit was 4 hours long, but we were told of the wait when we first made the appointment after my moms surgery the wait was about 30 minutes to an hour. I will definitely recommend Dr. Alpern to anyone who needs to see an ophthalmologist...

it always takes forever show details it always takes forever
Oct 6th, 2012

he's a really good doctor but the waitting time is too much for a person with diabetes like me.

Very happy patient show details Very happy patient
Sep 20th, 2012

I appreciate all the attention given by Dr. Alpern and his staff.Mrs. Emma Narvaez

Surgical experience show details Surgical experience
Jun 12th, 2012

I had cataracts removed in both eyes at the El Paso Surgical Center (West) - I was very impressed with both experiences. The staff was fabulous and almost all had RN badges - experience was all around. Recovery and outcome was excellent thanks to Dr. Alperns experience.

Jun 12th, 2012

Dr alpren,was a true gentleman.Was very courtous and professional. Would recommend him to everyone.

May 12th, 2012

Excellent outcome with my procedure.Quick diagnosis and overall good results.

Apr 16th, 2012

I felt comfortable all my questions where answered, the Dr. and staff are very profetional attended to all my needs thank you to every one at the office.

Mar 28th, 2012

I am glad I went to see him. He is an excellent Doctor and I'm very happy withthe surgery he did on me.

Nov 2nd, 2011

Excellent Doctor. Waiting time at scheduled appointments is somewhat long, over 2 hours, but results are outstanding. Waiting time for sugery also quite long, over 2 hours past scheduled arrival time until initial call. But, again, outstanding results. Highly recommend Dr. Alpern for all cateract care. I now have 20/25 vision in one eye and 20/20 in the other. First time I haven't needed glasses since my very early 20's and I am now in my 7th decade.

Oct 29th, 2011

I think It was the highlight of all my dr visits. The facility was functional, professional, spacious neat, clean, and quiet. The staff handled business.

Anthony Gprton show details Anthony Gprton
Oct 6th, 2011

It is the Expirience I have had in over 50 years I have Visited Eye Doctors, he removed Cataract from my left Eye, I have had no pain or discomfort, and now I can see without Glasses,except for reading, it is like a Miracal, I will be going back to have my right Eye done, as soon as the Doctor sets the date, the whole of his team at his office and the Clinic where he performs the Surgery are Top Notch, I would recommend this Great Doctor to anyone

L. E. Murr, PhD. show details L. E. Murr, PhD.
Sep 23rd, 2011

A real professional! Extremely knowledgeable as a consequence of lengthy and broad experience. The entire operation is a model for medical efficiency and outstanding care. I will recommend highly and enthusiastically to all my colleagues.

recent Visit show details recent Visit
Sep 13th, 2011

We can"t THANK Dr. Alpern enough . He would make sure that we where taken care ASAP.Since the surgery my vision has improved 100 %.and we plan to have the other eye have the same process performed.

Jun 1st, 2011

Dr. Alpern is an excellent diagnostician and surgeon. I had two cataract surgeries about two months apart. His office staff takes care of details well.He is personable and kind. The big problem is that the waiting time is much too long. You are moved from room to room and begin to feel like you are on anassembly line for eye care.

As indicated wait is very long show details As indicated wait is very long
May 29th, 2011

Dr Alpern is an excellent doctor. From my personal experience his work is far an above my previous surgery by another doctor.

May 24th, 2011

The Dr. was extremely positive and direct.

Outstanding physicians and staff show details Outstanding physicians and staff
Apr 19th, 2011

Dr. Alpern and his associate Dr. Buck are both excellent caring physicians. I had cataract surgery in both eyes and the results were phenomenal. With my eye condition I was able to have the Toric lenses placed in my eyes and I now have wonderful eyesight. I have never seen this well in my life. I have worn very strong glasses since I was 7 years old and now at 69 I am able to see without glasses. I have the blended vision lenses (distance in one eye and close vision in the other) and it is awesome. In addition the office staff and all of the medical assistants are so kind and so courteous. Such a well organized and professional group. I highly recommend Dr. Alpern and his staff. I must add like all of us I was very nervous before the first eye was done but I couldn't wait for the second surgery. I was counting the days. What a blessing.

Sep 22nd, 2010

THe ofice was full, there were elderly patients waiting for over 2 hours and there was not enough seating available for them. The staff was rude and unprofessional. Also, the waiting area was very hot and stuffy.

The best of the best show details The best of the best
May 12th, 2010

If going to the doctor can be a good experience, this was it. From the receptionist to the tecs to Dr Alpern himself everyone was wonderful. My Cataract surgery was no big deal and I now see better than I did when I was a kid. Thank you Dr. Alpern