Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery

230 W Washington Sq
Ste 101
Philadelphia, PA 19106
215-829-6320
Locations and availability (4)

• Currently 3.5531914893617 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
by Nicole Hopkins on Apr 23rd, 2014

I love coming to Dr. Bucky's office. I have been seeing Kim for over six years now and I would not go anywhere else for my skin care and injections. Joanna and Kim take such good care of me; they listen to my concerns and know exactly what I need and what I don't need. They are always honest. I get compliments all the time on how good my skin looks. Very natural and youthful-- looking forward to my next visit!

|  Lower face lift  |  show details
by Anna S on Apr 23rd, 2014

I had my lower face lift surgery two weeks ago and I cannot be more pleased with my new looks which are still improving. I have been going to Dr. Bucky's office for a few years before deciding on surgery there. All the staff is very professional and very friendly and helpful. Dr. Bucky was very nice and caring and very professional discussing my needs. He also came recommended by a plastic surgeon friend (now retired) who considers him the best. I was also very impressed with all the pre and postop visits, the many vitamins and facial creams I was given before the procedure. The surgical experience was not frightening and having a private very nice nurse at the Ritz was great. I can highly recommend Dr. Bucky and will keep visiting the office for facial treatments in the future.

|  # 1! Highly recommend Dr. Bucky!  |  show details
by Natalie F. on Apr 23rd, 2014

I was looking to restore a youthful breast appearance and asked friends & acquaintances for recommendations. 6 out of 6 people I spoke with gave the same rave reviews for Dr. Bucky. After my consultation, I understood why. His bedside manner is excellent, he answered dozens of questions, and the office support staff was prompt to return calls for questions and very knowledgeable. We ultimately decided on a vertical wedge mastopexy and sub-pectoral augmentation (breast lift and implants) to achieve the best results. Dr. Bucky's surgical skills are of the highest caliber. With Dr. Bucky, you will find the rare blend of both compassion and talent. I am very happy with both my physical results and how I was treated as a patient. I highly recommend him!

|  My Eyes  |  show details
by Debra M. on Mar 27th, 2014

This was the best experience with a doctor I have ever had. I'd never had any plastic surgery before and was apprehensive - as it turns out there was nothing to be apprehensive about. Dr. Bucky is as much an artist as a surgeon - looking at my eyes and figuring out what would make me look my best. I turned out looking at least 15 years younger - maybe 20. He did upper and lower lids, removed the bags from under my eyes and did some fat grafting for a smooth overall fresh appearance. He also adjusted for some asymmetry in my face. I couldn't be happier. His bedside manner is excellent and his staff is amazing. I got extensive follow-up as part of the package. I recommend Dr. Bucky unreservedly. He's made a tremendous difference and now when I look in the mirror, I see the me I used to be (only slightly better).

by Karen M on Mar 19th, 2014

Dr. Bucky is EXCELLENT And so is his complete Staff!!! I had a chin implant with liposuction under the chin and I couldn't be more pleased with my results! I wish I had done this in my early 30's. I am 45 and I am already scheduling my next procedure. I believe a little bit at a time.... That's my motto. Ty Dr. Bucky

|  Fat Transfer Breast Aug  |  show details
by G on Mar 19th, 2014

Had the fat transfer breast augmentation i am thrilled with the results. The staff and dr bucky were great and were always available to answer questions.

|  Breast Lift and Augmentation Abdominal Liposuction  |  show details
by Sabine Mack on Mar 18th, 2014

Choosing Dr. Bucky as my plastic surgeon was the best decision I ever made! Dr. Bucky performed a breast lift and augmentation along with abdominal liposuction on me 3 months ago and I couldn't be happier with the results! I used to have tuberous breast deformity and I can't believe how natural and full my breasts look now! Dr. Bucky did such a superb job that nobody could ever think that I wasn't born with them! I also had an apple shaped body and stored most of my fat in my abdomen. I could never wear the tight clothes I wanted to or feel confident in a bikini despite being at my ideal weight. That has all changed! I love my new contour and new found confidence! Besides Dr. Bucky's incredible talent, the treatment from him and his staff is beyond outstanding. Dr. Bucky is very caring and attentive along with his entire professional staff. I was expecting to feel a lot more pain and be immobile for a prolonged period of time after surgery, but thankfully, that was not the case! By following Dr. Bucky's pre- and post-op regimen, I did not feel any pain and was able to resume all normal activities (although nothing strenuous) literally in 2-3 days (Apparently, he wasn't kidding when he referred to his breast augmentations as "The Weekend Breast Augmentation".). Another thing that I really like about Dr. Bucky is that he is very honest and really has your best intentions at heart. He will tell you what is truly best for your particular situation and you can have trust in him. I remember inquiring about a larger breast implant prior to surgery, but Dr. Bucky would not let me make that mistake and I am so glad I listened to him and chose him as my surgeon. Looking at my breasts now, I could not imagine them any bigger. They are perfect and exactly what he said to expect. I went from a large A/small B cup to a DD! All in all, I only have good things to say about Dr. Bucky and his staff. I promise you that you will not be disappointed if you go with him and that you will not only have chosen a top quality surgeon, but a great person too!

by Maureen on Feb 27th, 2014

I spent 1 year meeting with Dr. Bucky . I wanted a full tummy tuck and breast lift . After nursing three babies and years of gaining and losing the same 20 lbs- I was very unhappy with my body. I was also very nervous and unsure of plastic surgery. From the moment I met Dr. Bucky - I knew I had found the right doctor for me. He put me at ease . He was sympathetic but very straight forward and honest at the same time. I had my surgery 3 weeks ago today. I could not be happier ! My experience at Pennsylvania Hospital was exceptional . Dr. Bucky did so much to perfect pain management (something I was very nervous about). He thought out every detail of those days right after surgery and it was seamless. For the first time in my life I have a flat tummy! My breasts are so natural looking ! At my first post op appointment with Dr. Bucky I asked if I could give him a hug. He has changed my life.

|  breast lift and augmentation  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2013

Originally it was difficult to make an appointment for a consultation with Dr. Bucky that fit into my schedule, however the patient coordinator took down times that were available for me and called me back when cancellations popped up. I was really surprised that she took the time and remembered my appointment preference. During my consult with Dr. Bucky he really took time to go over what would work best for me, not just a generic speech. He went into depth about the realistic results that could be accomplished from the lift and about the proper implant size for my body and frame. I felt so comfortable with him and his honesty really refreshing. After meeting with over 10 different doctors, I finally felt confident in a doctor and cancelled the next consultation I had scheduled, I knew Dr. Bucky was the doctor I could trust- and I couldn't be happier with my choice!! My recovery has been amazing, with little discomfort and bruising. I was literally able to get up and down the following day, I was putting my own hair up on top of my head and didn't need to take any prescription pain medication. I took the recommended week off of work, but definitely could have gone back in about 4 days. I really couldn't believe the rapid recovery and little down time. Dr. Bucky is the best!!!

|  Christine Sharkey, Clinical Aesthetician "Knows Skin"  |  show details
by TWK on Aug 21st, 2013

CHRISTINE SHARKEY – remember the name for your skin care needs……TRUST ME because if you do people will be sure to notice your face! I have worked in the cosmetic industry for over 20 years and needless to say I have been trying to fight aging every step of the way. I have had women, both younger and older than me stop and say since I have started seeing Christine in May of this year ……”WOW - your skin looks amazing what are you doing different?” To which I reply, seeing Christine Sharkey, Clinical Aesthetician at Dr. Bucky’s office in Ardmore, PA and boy have I seen a difference myself especially in my eye area which I thought was a hopeless cause. If there is one thing I know it is skin and other thing I know is that women in my industry don’t give genuine compliments unless they truly see a actual difference, so if a difference is what you want Christine Sharkey is the person to see. She will educate you in whatever your concerns are until you feel comfortable and give you many choices to help you decide the best protocol for your skin care needs. I cannot say enough about her except I hope I can still get my normal appoints from all the referrals I have been giving to all my friends.

|  Best dr for breast reconstruction  |  show details
by Trudy Olsovsky on Aug 18th, 2013

Dr Bucky is the best. He did a redo of breast reconstruction that I had at another plastic surgeon. His office staff is outstanding. I am extremely pleased with my results. I highly recommend Dr Bucky. He is the BEST.

|  "I may be getting old but I have young fashioned ways."  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2013

Well not any more !! Now my face matches my young fashioned ways. I lead a very athletic lifestyle but no amount of exercise or nutritional diet can keep your face from the effects of gravity (and time). Thank you Christine for your expert laser work in erasing the wrinkles and thank you Michelle for your expertise with injectables filling in the folds. Both were the perfect amount resulting in a completely natural and healthy look. I am very pleased with the results.

|  Facial scrub  |  show details
by Cheryl on May 10th, 2013

Christine is excellent, she is a kind, caring person that was able to answer all of my questions. My facial cleanse was the best I've ever had. Dr.Bucky has the best products and his staff is great! Thank you! Christine your the best!! Cheryl

|  Breast augmentation  |  show details
by Cheryl on May 10th, 2013

Dr. Bucky and his staff are excellent. From the time you enter his office Maria is there to greet you, she is extremely nice. Val and Lisa were my nurses. Val is very knowledgeable and professional and walked me through the entire process of breast augmentation. If you have a question, Val and Lisa will provide you with an answer. I worked with Renee to make a last minute appointment and had to bring my son who was 9 months old and Lisa was just excellent with helping me with him and answering all of my questions. Everyone was very patient and precise. Dr. Bucky and his surgery staff I can't say enough about them. I would not go into surgery without the highly experienced, caring team that he has. Dr. Bucky is the best in his field and he only works with highly trained professionals (the best). If you follow his instructions before and after the surgery, everything will run smooth. You are not just a name on a chart, Dr. Bucky treats you like family. He is warm, friendly, easy going and really listens to you and what you want. I cannot say enough about Dr. Bucky. If you are looking for the best, go to Dr. Bucky. I promise you will not be disappointed. You may pay a little more, but can you put a price on perfection? Cheryl

by Tori W. on Mar 2nd, 2013

As a mother and wife, the decision to have an elective surgery was extremely difficult. That was until I met Dr. Bucky. From day one, I knew instantly that I was in the hands of an amazing surgeon. He took the time to listen to me and explain all of my options. With his recommendation and guidance I decided to move forward with the Brava procedure. Dr. Bucky’s team has been working together for years and it shows. They don’t miss a thing! My entire experience was meticulously organized and orchestrated beautifully. The day of surgery, ever expectation that I was given was met and even surpassed. From the most wonderful anesthesiologist “thank you for the numbing”, to the visit and reassuring words from Dr. Bucky before and after my “little nap”, to the sweetest nurse a person could be blessed with. I can never thank you all enough!! The Brava procedure is incredible. Dr. Bucky was able to relocate fat from one area of the body and use it, in conjunction with a breast lift, to reconstruct my breasts. Meaning, the breasts are a hundred percent natural, and your one and done. There is no need for future surgeries to replace an implant. Not only do I have the peace of mind that this was the best procedure for me, but the results are magnificent! I’m very athletic so size was very important to me. Dr. Bucky told me not to focus on size…A, B, C cup, and assured me that he would do what looked best proportioned to my frame. Again, he met my expectations. To say that I adore Dr. Bucky and his team is an understatement. He kept me safe, healthy, and gave me back my old self and I’m not sure I could ever thank him enough!!

|  Don't waste your money on laser here  |  show details
by Remi on Feb 26th, 2013

Originally, I went to see Dr. Bucky for a consult but while waiting I noticed a brochure for a laser that removes both red and brown spots on my face (usually 2 separate lasers are required). The next week I saw Renee who treated approximately 6 spots with the laser for $150. Two weeks later I called into the office and informed Amy the spots were still there and I wanted to come in for a second laser treatment but without a charge since it didn't work the first time. After the 2nd treatment they charged me $150 anyway. I would never have gone back a 2nd time if I thought I would have to pay especially, since she didn't get it right the first time. After the 2nd treatment didn't work I emailed Renee to inform her (as per her request) and she emailed back 2 days later to inform me she had to look in my chart and would get back to me the next day. That was 1 week ago and i still have not received a response. I have been to several other doctors for the same procedures and have NEVER had 2 go back for a second treatment for the same spots. Either Renee doesn't know what she is doing or the laser is ineffective but either way DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. Go to Dr. Kovacks at HUP or Dr. Abdemalak at Drexel. They would NEVER charge twice and would get it right the first time!!

by Nancy Kaplan on Feb 5th, 2013

I think very highly about everyone at Dr. Bucky's office; Dr. Bucky and his staff are all professional, very knowledgeable and kind. I will use them on an ongoing basis for my needs.

Jan 31st, 2013

After thinking about a breast augmentations for years and doing months of research to pick the best surgeon, I'm so glad to call Dr. Bucky my surgeon. Despite his great reputation and skill he and his staff are easy to talk to, very informative and made the overall experience very comfortable. I work in the medical field and was very anxious about all the potential things that could go wrong when having a surgical procedure. Dr. Bucky spent an hour informing and educating myself and other women about his techniques in breast aug and how/why he is able to reduce complications during and after the procedure. With this extra time and education I received I felt much more sure and confident in going through with my breast augmentation and have been so glad I did! The recovery was WAY smoother and more painless than I had imagined and I have LOVED my results from the first time I saw them! You get what you pay for and I got the best!

Nov 13th, 2012

Before having my facelift, I did a great deal of research on the top docs and Dr. Buckys name kept coming up. His office was my first and last stop. I was concerned about looking natural, and both he and his nurses took a great deal of time to address and eliminate any concerns I had. My results are superb. People Ive known all my life tell me how wonderful I look, but they cant really pinpoint the reason. (Im not telling if they cant guess!) I rarely wear makeup and still the telltale scars and other indicators of a lift are not discernable. I look younger, feel better about myself and have more confidence. Both of his offices are staffed with professional and courteous nurses and support people. Ive always been treated with consideration, promptness, and a friendly countenance.

|  You Deserve the BEST! - Dr. Bucky & Staff ARE the BEST!  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

IN 2007, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Dr. Bucky was recommended to perform my reconstruction after my bi-lateral mastectomy. I hope you NEVER need to have breast reconstruction, however, if you do, Dr. Bucky is definitely the MAN for the job. He is kind, compassionate & the BEST at what he does...AND so is his WONDERFUL staff members. Think of it this way...YOU deserve the very BEST care you can possibly get...AND, DR. BUCKY & HIS STAFF ARE JUST THAT...THE VERY VERY BEST!

Oct 31st, 2012

I had an incredible experience with Dr. Bucky. The entire staff was professional and knowledgeable and treated me with respect. I was extremely nervous, but they answered ALL of my questions and reassured my decision. Thank you to everyone at Dr. Bucky's office!

|  Editorial review from Citysearch  |  show details
    by jackietmcc at Citysearch on Aug 20th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Great medical care, great skin care\\rI`ve been seen Renee Dr. Bucky for a few months for a severe case of discoloration. She never tried to upsell me or get me to purchase a lot of products and infact, she encouraged me to use what I had. After 2 mini melanage treatments with Renee the discoloration that I`ve had is almost gone. Dr Bucky has a very talented and professional team. Finding professionals to work on your face and body is not the time to bargain hunt. I love this place.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
    Aug 11th, 2012

I had breat augmentation with Dr. Bucky. I had a wonderful experience from my consultaion through my post-op appointment. I was told by friends that I would be in tons of pain after the surgery. Not true when Dr. Bucky is your surgeon. I was sore, but never in pain. My results are wonderful!! Best thing I have ever done!

|  Breast reduction, Tummy tuck & liposuction  |  show details
    May 2nd, 2012

My experience has been excellent, from my first phone call to all post-op visits. Dr. Bucky is truly a gifted surgeon as well as a compassionate physician. His knowledge & expertise gave my husband & I a tremendous amount of confidence while in his care. All members of his office staff are professional, courteous and efficient; every question or concern I had was patiently answered. I'm thrilled with my new body and would highly recommend Dr. Bucky to anyone considering cosmetic surgery!!

|  Facial Surgery  |  show details
    Apr 24th, 2012

I am thoroughly thrilled with my face lift and upper eye lift and lower lid laser procedure. It is so natural that people who see me say I look so young and never age. Those who know I had it done say I now look 10 to 15 years younger.The time of surgery and recovery was exactly was I was told and the vitamin therapy I was placed on two weeks before was very helpful. I have continued with Dr. Bucky's skin care specialist for ongoing treatment to keep my face/neck youthful and healthy.I am also planning my next surgery a breast lift with Dr. Bucky

Mar 9th, 2012

Dr. Bucky is an amazing doctor. I had a bilateral mastectomy and we all know that when we are faced with cancer we want the best. So Dr. Bucky is thee BEST in the country. I had a procedure done called "Bravia fat grafting". I am amazed of how great my girls look. Dr. Bucky I cannot thank you enough for all that you have done for me. You brought back my "mojo"...

|  Facial Surgery  |  show details
    Feb 7th, 2012

When people who know me see me - they tell me I look younger than ever- they have no clue I have had a face lift- under eye laser and lid lift- that is how natural plastic surgery done by Dr. Louis P Bucky looks- I am thrilled -from my initial consultation- to the surgery and the easy recovery- I always felt safe and secure with Dr. Bucky and his experienced staff. I feel refreshed and vibrant!

|  Tummy Tuck, Breast Reduction & Liposuction  |  show details
    Feb 4th, 2012

My overall experience was outstanding from my first inquiry to my surgery experience. Dr. Bucky is very professional and highly qualified. All of his staff members were courteous and willing to answer all questions. I'm thrilled with my new body and feel confident in Dr. Bucky's plan of care.

|  Face Lift  |  show details
    Jan 13th, 2012

I had two other consults before deciding Dr Bucky was the one. I saved the best for last! The whole office experience was unbelievable. From the time I made the appointment till the actual surgery date, the office was extremely accommodating. When the day came for my surgery, the anticipation was greater than my fear. Everything that Dr. Bucky promised me rang true. His kindness, professionalism and his expertise rate him a 10 in my eyes. There is no doubt that he is the absolute best at what he does and the results show. t would take me all of a half of a second to do the surgery all over again. I highly recommend the Bucky experience to everyone.

|  Cool Sculpting is great  |  show details
    Jan 7th, 2012

I recently had cool sculpting and it is amazing. That pouch of fat that has bedeviled me for 40 years is gone. You know, that roll of fat that is there whether you weighed 125 or 145 pounds! No amount of diet, or exercise would get rid of it. It didn't matter how many sit ups I did. I have always been within the normal weight range for my height and build, but I struggled with this since I was 12. My pants would fit great everywhere except when I tried to button them at the waist. If I went up to the next size, they would button, but be too long and the crotch section would hang too low. I lost a total of 2.5 inches over 90 days. The most amazing thing of all was that at my 90 day follow up visit, my weight was actually up three pounds, as it was a few days after Thanksgiving and I still continued to lose inches from the last visit thirty days before. It has made a BIG difference in how I feel and how my clothes fit.I highly recommend the procedure for eliminating stubborn pockets of fat that don't respond to diet or exercise.

|  Breast augmentation  |  show details
    Jan 6th, 2012

After breastfeeding two children I was very unhappy with my breasts. I researched plastic surgeons accross the united states and was lucky enough to find the best thirty minutes from my home. I could not be happier with my overall expience from my first visit through my post operative visit. After meeting Dr. Bucky and his staff I felt confident I was in the best hands. They worked with me to find out my exact expectations and that is what I received. I work with several different hospitals and doctors office on a daily basis and by far Dr. Bucky has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have come accross. For any female considering breast augmentation I highly recommend Dr. Bucky.

Dec 5th, 2011

Excellent work. Compliments from manyother health care providers at otherhospitals !! Great bedside manors too.

|  The best.  |  show details
    Dec 4th, 2011

Dr. Bucky and his staff are skilled, caring and supportive. I highly recommend them.

|  My Facelift  |  show details
    Oct 27th, 2011

Over 8 years ago I elected to have Dr. Bucky give me a full face lift. I was 57 years old. The pre-surgical vitamin regimen helped tremendously. Four days after the surgery, I ate dinner out and looked good! I have enjoyed the art of his surgical skill every day since then. The office staff are very professional and supportive. Staying over at the Ritz-Carlton after surgery was comforting. Dr. Bucky removed my bandages early the following morning, and I went home to rest and heal. I go for regular dermaplane and skin care and even had my eyebrows expertly tatooed! I am so lucky to know Dr. Bucky and his wonderfulpractice inside and out! :)

|  Excellent surgeon and staff!  |  show details
    Sep 22nd, 2011

Where should I start? From the moment I stepped into the office, I knew I had chosen the right place. The staff was so courteous and professional. They considered all of my needs. Everyone there is the best of the best, especially Dr. Bucky. Dr. Bucky took his time with my consult and explained my procedure, a tummy tuck. My surgery was scheduled quickly and financing was easy. I stayed in the Pavilion at Pennsylvania Hospital and the care there was superb also. My results are phenomenal. I cannot say enough about the office staff, the surgeon or the hospital. My experience was pleasant in every regard. On the weekend, Dr. Bucky even gave me his personal cell phone number! I highly recommend Dr. Bucky. You will be very pleased.

Sep 15th, 2011

I had a tummy tuck and umbilical hernia repair. He did an excellent job and was happy with the results. Definitely a difficult surgery to recover from, but I was prepared and the office was very honest about that. Him and his nurses are excellent and responded quickly when I had some post-surgery concerns. Very happy with the results and very happy with the service. They even were able to get some of my expenses covered by insurance.

Sep 7th, 2011

After having my children I felt I needed a breast lift. I researched many physicians and Dr. Bucky came highly recommended. Dr. Bucky and his staff were inviting and extremely professional. After speaking with Dr. Bucky I felt that I was in the right place. He has a great bedside manner, was understanding and he helped me make the right choice on my surgery. I was very pleased with the surgical staff, had an easy recovery and more importantly Dr. Bucky delivered EXCELLENT results. I am thrilled!!! I highly recommend him.

Sep 6th, 2011

Dr. Bucky is a thoughtful and talented surgeon. I wanted a natural appearing breast augmentation that was to improve my shape more than size. He spent a lot of time explaining to me what was best for my body and current size of breast. There is an awesome machine there that takes your picture and shows you what you look like with implants in. I am more than thrilled. Great great results!

|  Arrogant and Snobby Attitude  |  show details
    Sep 26th, 2010

When I was unable to get an appt with Dr. Bucky himself for 3 mos, I opted to see one of his "nurse injectors". The results were bad. She produced unsitely marks on my face. So I called and asked to see Dr. Bucky. His attitude was snotty. He had NO INTEREST in my thoughts and took the defensive from the get go. I do not recommend him. Period.

|  unhappy patient  |  show details
    Jun 29th, 2010

I was not at all happy with my results and felt the doctor was arrogant and nasty when I told him. Would never go back. His prices were way more than other doctors also.

Jun 9th, 2010

well-known in this area; not easy to talk too in my opinion (condescending) but has a good reputation; breast reconstruction looks good in general

Aug 5th, 2009

Excellent plastic surgeon. Natural looking results. Would recommend to family & friends.

|  Results of Breast Augmentation  |  show details
    Jul 6th, 2009

I think Dr. Bucky is an excellent surgeon. The results of my breast augmentation came out very....natural looking.... Unfortunately, Im actually very disappointed in the size he chose for me. He doesnt spend much time at all discussing size, does not use sizers or show before /after photos which makes it so difficult to chose a size implant that you are comfortable with.Dr. Bucky was willing to reoperate for a larger size but unfortunately was going to charge again for the implants, operating room, hospital costs, anesthesia :(

|  sensational  |  show details
    Nov 6th, 2008

Awesome physician. Awesome person. He is worth the time it takes to get in to see him. Staff could use a little ( or a lot) of work on the personality end. Kind of nasty. But once you get to him - it is all worth it. Can't say enough good.