Dr. Louis Costello MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.8

November 18th, 2015
i saw Dr Costello many years ago as an adult, he changed my life

August 25th, 2015
WARNING!!!----$8000 FOR A CHEEK SWAB----NOT KIDDING!!!
The first 8 years I went there, I actually saw Dr. Costello himself, which wasn't bad. But for the last 7 years, they've had me seeing a very unqualified Nurse practitioner, who's not interested in what you have to say, just answering yes or no questions. He's negative about everything, including my choice of career. Usually when I leave appointments, I'm more annoyed than anything. I've dealt with it because it's a real pain to change psychiatrists these days, but now they've hit a new low. THEY TALKED ME INTO DOING THE PRELIMINARY DNA TESTING FOR TMS THERAPY (MAGNETIC CHAIR). THEY SAID I'D BE CHARGED NOTHING FOR THIS AND FOR JUST SWABBING MY CHEEK WITH A Q-TIP THEY BILLED MY INSURANCE COMPANY $8000 DOLLARS! That is not a misprint. I typed and meant EIGHT THOUSAND dollars. For a swab of my cheek! My insurance company refuses to pay the whole thing, so I'm now out of pocket 3K. I've had it with this office. DO NOT GO THERE!

August 1st, 2012
Not my taste
I came in looking forward to my visit and greeted by a very courteous and professional staff. After meeting the doctor himself, I was very unhappy with the experience. He did not seem to have any desire to hear anything more than yes or no answers from me about my extensive psychological past. He spent the entire first hour of evaluation as what felt more like being interrogated and put down. Throughout the visit, he rarely looked at me, and repeatedly raised his hand in the air as if to stop me from what I was saying and discount my feelings. I do not plan to go back here.

February 18th, 2011
all nurse no doctor
great if you want to sub standard nurse to treat you with no doctor availble