Dr. Louis Dalaveris MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

January 21st, 2016
Doctor never showed up to my appointment. Waited for him to return from lunch over 20 min and left. Never go there. Absolutely unprofessional

July 16th, 2015
July 2015 Appointment
It was more like walking into a department store where the salesperson is just trying to push you to buy something. He wanted to bill my medical insurance for the visit even when I told him that my eye exam is covered under my eye insurance; if he bills my medical I’m going to have to pay out of pocket. He said my eye insurance doesn’t cover his examination and I should just go to a store and have them check my glasses instead. I mentioned to him that he actually examined me twice under my eye insurance in 2013 and 2014 to which he said that I need to do some tests (vision test) I mentioned that he told me last year that these exams are needed once every 2-3 years only. After a lot of back and forth he said ok; let's take a look. I sat on the chair and he started looking at my glasses just to turns around and tells me that he can't see me and I should come back in September. I honestly just felt that he wants to be able to bill me for certain thing and if I'm not going to let him do so there's no way he was doing any examination. Too bad because he didn’t seem that bad in my first short visit.

January 22nd, 2014
I made the appointment and arrived 15 minutes early. I drove to Astoria despite the conditions from yesterday's snow storm bathe doctor was not in. Neither his office nor his service called to cancel. Nice customer service, right? Looking for a new ophthalmologist.

December 5th, 2013
Exellant knowledgeable and courteous doctor
This was my first time with Dr. Dalaveris. He did different tests and a thorough exam on eyes. He patiently listened to my questions and concerns and explained the test results and answered my questions to my full satisfaction. He was knowledgeable, caring and courteous and spent enough time with me. His staff was courteous and friendly too. I highly recommend this ophthalmologist.

September 28th, 2012
Excellent Caring Physician
I think Dr. Delaveris is a highly competent, very smart, very caring and knowledgeable ophthalmologist. He does a very thorough exam and explains anything he finds very carefully in simple terms. He takes his time, doesn't run a patient mill, and is friendly and makes sure you know he can be reached at any time for follow up.

September 27th, 2012
Dr Dalaveris is very cantankerous
I have a repeat stye in my left eyelid. Both my Primary and Dermatologist recommended I see an Opthamologist to burn or remove the small bump on the tip of my eye lid. Dr Dalaveris came up on an Insurance search and when I called him he was immediately argumentative about not being able to do any proceedures from the get go. He claimed I had to see him and if he felt the need to do a proceedure he did that at the Hospital. I made an appointment and when I finally saw him he wanted to put me through an eye exam. I explained to him I had one done recently and the issue wasnt my vision it was the little node taht needed to be removed. He asked me to grab my bag and escorted me out of his office, and with a smile on his face. He was argumentative and didnt care about my needs at all. It was a total waste of my time, and I wish he would get in trouble for dismissing me like he did. I would NOT recommend him to my worst enemy!

October 19th, 2009
Awful Receptionist
The receptionist turned away an entire family because she was too inept and too lazy to make a phone call to verify health insurance. The Doctor is more worried about getting paid than the oath he took when he became a doctor.

March 11th, 2009
Avoid at all cost
I went to see Dr. Dalaveris when I could not make an appointment with my regular ophthalmologist. My eye exam was perfunctory and I felt I was being rushed. It turned out that Dr. D's prescription was off because my new eyeglasses were worse than my old ones. I ended up going to my regular ophthalmologist and he confirmed that Dr. D's prescription was wrong. I had to pay for four pairs of eyeglasses, not just two.

May 2nd, 2017