Dr. Louis Filippone MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine Commack, NY

• Good
  • Bad

January 7th, 2010
one of the best, most compassionate and intelligent physicians I've ever encountered.

December 8th, 2009
Dr Doogie
This is one of the worlds worst doctors.

January 28th, 2009
I was seen by Dr. Filippone in the emergency room at St. Catherine's Hospital. I had been sick for several months and the night that I was admitted to the hospital, I'd lost consciousness as a result of weakness due to extended illness. When I was seen by Dr. Filippone, his visit was brief and rude. I suggested that I might be immunocompromized. He did nothing to investigate this. He simply checked that my vitals were stable and then discharged me. He actually laughed at my suggestion of immunocompromization. When I went to my primary care doctor a few days later, she probed the issue a bit deeper. It turns out that I was immunocompromized due to steroid medication I was on. After weening off the steroids, I was finally able to begin healing from my extended illness.Dr. Filippone did a horrible job by not even looking into a diagnosis for me. What's worse is that I received a bill for his inadequate services over a year and a half after I was seen by him!!! I do not under any circumstances recommend this doctor. What I do recommend is checking that any ER doctor you are seen by participates in your insurance plan, not just the hospital. That way you won't get screwed by the doctor a year and half later.

April 3rd, 2017