Dr. Louis Iorio MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Hamden, CT

July 26th, 2015
Dr. Louis J. Iorio is a very caring doctor. He assures that your understand your diagnosis and offers sensible recommendations of care. He has a very kind and easy manner and I would recommend his services to anyone.

August 9th, 2014
Very thankful. No more pain in knee. No difficulty walking, running or climbing stairs. "He is a miracle worker.

April 8th, 2014
Maintenance Mechanic
Made me feel at ease and was very knowledgeable and professional

March 8th, 2014
Patient
Efficient. Knowledgable. Perceptive.

June 11th, 2013
Before Surgery Check Here First
I was told I would need surgery on my right knee by a highly recommended Orthopede. Before I said "yes" I went to see Dr. Iorio. He told me surgery should be the LAST option, and so we tried Synvisc injections. It worked. My knee is at 100% and has been. Surgery would have cost a lot of money not to mention the recuperation and rehab time. Dr. Iorio is now my Orthopede and I wouldn't want to see anyone else. I trust him to make decisions that are good for me and my joint health has never been better.

June 2nd, 2013
I took my son to see Dr. Iorio after he had fallen and hurt his knee. He was very compassionate and caring with diagnosing my sons injury. I left the office feeling that my son was well taken care of. I would highly recommend Dr. Iorio.

May 15th, 2013
I see Dr. Iorio for DJD of my neck and hip bursitis, He is very caring and thorough. He takes the extra time that's needed to make sure we come up with a good treatment plan and pain management. He educates you on your diagnosis and makes sure you understand. He is not quick to suggest any invasive procedures without exhausting all treatment options first. I recommend him to friends and family often. His gentle mannerism is very comforting and reassuring.

May 13th, 2013
Update since I saw new doctor
Absolutely horrible. I originally reviewed him on Feb 22 and now have a new doctor. My new doctor and physical therapist both agree the reason I'm still having pain isn't because of my weight but because my doctor didn't treat me for four months. Dr.Iorio accused me of faking but my new team has found very obvious muscle damage and wonder how anyone who is a "back specialist" could have missed it. tay away from Iorio!

April 22nd, 2013
Stay away...far, far away!! I saw him after a MVA and he treated me with poor results for 8-9 months then released me. I waited 3 months for an appointment with Dr Reznik, who diagnosed my problem in 20 minutes! My pain was a referred pain stemming from 2 fractured cervical vertebrae!! Dr (and I use that term loosely) Iorio treated my shoulder including cortisone shots for 8-9 months, effectively letting me walk around with a broken neck. I wouldn't send a dog to him. If I could give zero stars, I would.

February 25th, 2013
Dr. Iorio is a wonderful physician. He puts the patient first. He was very kind and compassionate with me. From a medical point of view he was very perceptive and knowledgeable. He helped me solve my problem.

February 22nd, 2013
RN
I recently brought my mom to see Dr. Iorio. She had been suffering from leg pain and treated by several specialist who were unsure why she was in so much pain. Thankfully Dr. Iorio knew exactly what was causing her pain and treated her. I have great confidence in Dr. Iorio. He was so kind and compassionate to my mom. I am very grateful to Dr. Iorio for everything he has done to help my mom and I highly recommend him.

February 18th, 2013
worst doctor ever
Did not like him at all. I was crushed between two tractor trailers while sitting in traffic in a van he accused me of faking my pain. He continually got facts off my chart wrong. He thought I was in a truck and was hit by a car, he thought I was 15 years older than I really am and when my cervical MRI showed a problem he disregarded it as normal for a forty year old....but I'm not near that age. I still have severe lower back pain and spams that he refuses me treatment on. He says its because I'm over weight and probably always had that pain (which I didn't). I had a very active life style but now cannot stand or walk for longer than 15 minutes without spasms. Do not go to him if you have a workers comp case, he will disregard you and make things worse for you.