Dr. Louis Lurie MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Chula Vista, CA

• Good
  • Bad

April 22nd, 2012
he is in excellent doctor
Doctor larry took care of me from the motor vehicle accident he provided excellent care

May 10th, 2011
Very unhappy patient...
The office staff was great, and the facility is nice, but I feel completely taken advantage of by Dr. Lurie. I told him at my first visit that I was already pretty certain I'd torn my ACL (based on ER diagnosis and symptoms). He told me he thought I was wrong, and ordered an MRI and wanted to see me again. When the MRI came back and it was my ACL, he then told me he doesn't do ACL repairs. When I asked him about doing physical therapy before surgery, he told me there was no point, and I should only need it after the surgery. He took $100 in copays from me, wasted at least 6 weeks of my time, and I now have extreme immobility of my knee, which will require weeks of PT before another doctor will even consider doing the repair. My primary doctor and new Orthopedist were shocked and very unhappy with Dr. Lurie's handling of my case, and it has cost me precious time in my treatment plan.

March 22nd, 2011
I absolutely LOVE Dr. Lurie. While at first he may seem a bit gruff and in a hurry, when you need him to, he will spend all the time with you that you need. He performed both of my hip surgeries, and he was on top of every detail no matter how small....from contacting the pharmacy to ensure that my husband did not have to wait long with me in the car (post surgery), to coming in on a Saturday morning two weeks after my hip replacement to ensure that I was properly taken care when my gall bladder went out. He covers ALL bases and how he does it, I have no clue. He is, in a word, AMAZING!!

August 28th, 2015