A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Louis Maisel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Louis Maisel is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Louis Maisel, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 3 Areas, including Retina Surgery, Retina/Vitreous, and Retinal Disorders.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Maisel graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.More Education & Awards
Dr. Maisel has 38 hospital affiliations:
- Nyack Hospital
- St. Luke's Cornwall Hosptal- Cornwall Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Maisel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 11 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Louis M. Maisel practice?
Dr. Louis Maisel practices Ophthalmology near New City, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bronx, NY and Poughkeepsie, NY.
See New City Ophthalmologists.