Family Physicians
Red Lion Family Practice
723 Red Lion Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19115
215-673-2522
Locations and availability (1)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Not Recommended  |  show details
by Sassy Girl on Mar 26th, 2014

Louis Petrellis, DO is the least reliable doctor that I have ever been to. I wish that I could rate him zero stars. I don't know why anyone would give him a good review, unless they are out of their minds.

|  There is Room for Improvement  |  show details
by Army Major on May 29th, 2013

Everyone associated with this practice, including the doctor, seems to be an amateur. They are clueless about how to properly run a medical office.

Mark as Helpful  | 17 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Not satisfied  |  show details
by Plain jane on May 7th, 2013

Like some people mentioned, Lou Petrillis is only an osteopath not a real medical doctor. He's not really that competent to be honest. Still, he has a decent staff and you can easily make an immediate appointment because he's not that popular because everyone knows osteopaths are not as good as MD's. Of course you will have to wait an hour or two after you arrive on time for your appointment. By the way, nice going doc on the fake review you wrote for yourself that appears below mine, LMAO! Lou is better than nothing but there are way better choices.

Mark as Helpful  | 22 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  My 20 years with Dr. Petrelli  |  show details
by Rita Connolly on Apr 30th, 2013

I can't believe these reviews of Dr. Petrellis on this page. I have been a patient of Dr. Petrellis' for over 20 years. I consider him a compassionate, caring competent doctor. He always looks into most symptoms that I present to him. He will send you for further testing when needed. I don't know who these crybabies are, but all I can say is grow up. One reason you have to wait most times is that he is patiently listening to a patients problems. Lets face it, sometimes we go just to be reassured that all is well. He never brushes me off. I wait sometimes but I remind myself that when it is my turn he will give me his undivided attention. I have been to other doctors who make you feel like you are on a production line. I never feel that way. The staff has always been kind to me. When I call because I am really sick, I always get an appointment. I have had occasion when I have called after hours left a message and he calls back in a reasonable amount of time. So you people that are unhappy with him, there are many that are glad we have him. I guess that is why the office is always crowded.

|  Avoid Louis Petrillis  |  show details
by Eggrolls on Mar 24th, 2013

I am well educated and thusly more qualified to judge physicians than is the average person. Trust me, Petrillis is the worst of the worst in every respect. As the below reviews state, he is an osteopath, not even a true medical doctor.

Mark as Helpful  | 29 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Good doctor  |  show details
by Quiet One on Mar 7th, 2013

Doc is very good....once you get to see him! Expect to wait forever! The staff, especially Melissa, is miserable. She barks orders at you and looks like a raincloud. You WILL have to go into the office for every little thing. The "gatekeepers" rarely give the doc messages, and want you to come in for an appointment, usually in the middle of the day, 2 weeks later. Staff act put upon; not a good atmosphere for sick people.

|  Louis Petrillis is a Terrible Doctor!  |  show details
by Philadelphian on Feb 3rd, 2013

Louis Petrillis does not know what he is doing. Don't be fooled, he is not a real doctor. He is an osteopath. That is different from an medical doctor. I am extremely dissatisfied with my experience with this idiot. My reviews on two other sites were mysteriously filtered out. Curiously, the obviously fake rave reviews (written by employees) are still there! That suggests that these so-called review sites are biased towards doctors.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Incompetent Fool  |  show details
by Me Myself and I on Jan 29th, 2013

Louis Petrillis does not know what he is doing. Don't be fooled, he is not a real doctor. He is an osteopath. That is different from an medical doctor. I am extremely dissatisfied with my experience with this idiot. My reviews on two other sites were mysteriously filtered out. That suggests that these so-called review sites are biased towards doctors.

Mark as Helpful  | 35 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  I Don't Believe The Good Reviews  |  show details
by Angry Lady on Jan 25th, 2013

I do not believe the five-star review. This doctor was meaner to me than any other. He doesn't care about his patients, only about making a buck. And why does he make people wait so long?

Mark as Helpful  | 30 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  AVOID LOUIS PETRILLIS, DO  |  show details
by Disgruntled Patient on Jan 24th, 2013

I am following up my friend's review that was just posted. I, too, had an unpleasant experience with Louis Petrillis, D.O. Unlike the reviewers below, the office staff was polite to me. However, I was forced to wait an hour and 47 minutes before I actually got to see the so-called doctor. I respectfully asked him multiple questions about a fatal disease that I might have, but he seemed annoyed by my questions. He abruptly farmed me out to a specialist. When I insisted that Petrillis at least tell me what the chances were that I had the illness, he barked "you probably have it." However, the specialist told me that any competent doctor should have known that I did not have the symptoms or characteristics of the sickness. To summarize, Louis Petrillis made me pay him his gargantuan office fee and wait the better part of two hours just for him to spend three minutes with me, falsely telling me that I probably had a disease that any legitimate doctor would know that I did not have. I worried in agony for three weeks before I finally found out from the specialist that I was disease-free and that Louis Petrillis is a QUACK. I personally know three people who have also had unsatisfactory experiences with this lowlife "doctor". AVOID LOUSI PETRILLIS LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Mark as Helpful  | 34 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  show details
by Ricky Gold on Jan 24th, 2013

A dangerous quack. Louis Petrillis is not even a real medical doctor, but a lowly osteopath. It is much easier to get into an osteopathic college than a medical school. Even for a bottom-rung osteopath, Petrillis is the worst. You have been warned!

Mark as Helpful  | 28 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  excellent service  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

Very nice office and staff, friendly.Doctor is nice , patient, listens thoroughly and was very helpful with my problem. No problem getting appt. or waiting for doctor.

|  Megan  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

I waited for over an hour just to have him spend three minutes with me and tell me he did not know what was wrong.

Mark as Helpful  | 32 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  The worst doctor in Philly!  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2011

An inept sociopath. Stick with a real doctor, an MD, not a lowly osteopath.

Mark as Helpful  | 28 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  If you truly value your health, DO NOT USE THIS PHYSICIAN!!!  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

too many negatives to write here but i will list them. This is truly an honest assesment and I am writing this to spare anyone else personal grief!1. Dr. is Never on time for his appointments. Usually make one of the first a.m. appts. and the Dr. Strolls in whenever he feels like it. I have waited upward of 1 and 1/2 hour for this man. He apparently doesn't take his practice very seriously. After speaking with everyone in the waiting room, as they were just as annoyed, 3 other people had the same time slot I did, some had been waiting longer than myself.2. I asked..."why is that you want to charge a patient 24.00 for an appointment not canceled, yet it's okay for the doc to show up whenever he rolls out of bed. So it's okay for me to miss time from work waiting, huh?3. The office staff is rude, especially Melissa and Krystal. Never in my life have i encountered such an unprofessional bunch of nimnuts!! All they care about is what the Drug Rep is bringing for lunch. I have literally heard this mentioned on two separate visits.All i have to say is what a freakin' joke of an office.

Mark as Helpful  | 35 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Verbally Abusive staff  |  show details
by Brian Brown on Mar 10th, 2010

My first visit the woman put my urine sample on a shelf and began to walk away..I asked are you not going to put my name on that? She agreed and came back and added it on. When I called for my second visit I learned they had problems billing my blue cross blue shield insurance. On my 3rd visit I got there at 8AM and office was closed although the sign on the door clearly said opens 8am. In the beginning of May still a bit chilly while waiting outside to open. The woman strolls in at 8:10 and unlocks the place for my 8:15 appmt. The other woman needed to draw my blood but was stuck in traffic and was late. I asked for a print out of my services but the printer was broken. The doctor called me and asked for the phone number of my pharmacy to call in a perscription..that evening I show up at the pharmacy and it was never called in. The next day I called to let them know I had had enough and was changing doctors. The woman that drew my blood totally laid into me...saying "last time she looked I was not the person who signed her paycheck and that if I'm a sales person I must be a lousey one because she jumped through hoops for me" then she hung up on me. I have never seen a more unprofessional staff person. The day before the doctor had me schedule an ultrasound so the place needed a fax copy of the script from the doctor. Because I had told the staff I was changing doctors they would not fax over the script. I finally had to have a conversation with the doctor to straighten out the mess. I have never experienced such an unproffessional office staff.

Mark as Helpful  | 22 people found this helpful Report Abuse