Overall Review

2.5

June 24th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Petrellis for over 10 years and feel the reviews are unfair. The office manager , Sharon has the patience of a saint! I have seen her make appointments by phone, handle drug reps, give directions to testing centers to elderly patients with patience and kindness, calm complaining patients, and answer insurance questions within minutes. Her skills are remarkable and is one of the few managers in a medical office that truly knows everything that goes on in that office. The reviews posted that refer to a rude staff member obviously have not been to the office recently- because Dr. Petrillis did make changes within his staff. He is not a stupid man and was fully aware of the issues - however- he did believe in giving his staff a chance to improve their patient care skills. Sometimes it just doesn't work . Having worked in a hospital for years - trust me- some days the patients can wear you down- this is not an excuse for being treated rudely by any staff member in any setting. I have also seen the patients in the office treat the staff rudely- but no one ever brings that up. The office could definitely be spruced up a bit - it is dated and worn- however- it is clean. I have never seen an overflowing trash can or needle box in the office and that is something I would notice immediately. Old does not mean dirty. The only thing that has ever smelled in the office is a patient and that can't be blamed on the doctor or his staff. I have NEVER felt rushed by Dr. Petrellis during a visit. I feel he is very qualified and really does care about his patients. He has personally called me at home to follow up with me after an appointment with a specialist- just to make sure I didn't have any questions and let me know he was around and to call the service if I needed anything - Was I just lucky? No - I have heard him tell many patients and their families just give him a call if anything comes up..... I don't know what the other patients are talking about that he is rude and rushes his patients - NOT AT ALL- In fact, sometimes I feel he takes too much time explaining -then - re-explaining directives to some patients that clearly do not understand anything and should have been escorted by an aide or family member to the visit to begin with. So... while you are waiting to be seen - and yes at times I have waited an hour - observe what is going on around you - guaranteed - the doctor is with a patient or doing something for a patient and the staff is going about the office tasks that need to be done to make every patient's visit a good one. In today's society - NO ONE becomes a doctor to get rich -if your lucky enough to have descent insurance - just look at what your insurance company pays for an office visit -

August 29th, 2015
there are better docs
I don't think this guy is nearly as good as other docs plus he's as slow as a snail. Why the long waits? But his staff isn't that rude. Maybe you were rude to them first?

July 22nd, 2015
Don't Waste Your Time
I received a quick appointment but had a long wait in the office and lousy treatment by the doctor and staff.

May 6th, 2015
Louis Petrellis is a HORRIBLE Doctor!
Louis Petrellis should not be a doctor. He is rude, mean, arrogant, disinterested, slow, and unqualified. Save yourself the grief by going to ANYONE else, even a witch doctor!

January 13th, 2015
Real patient
My friends and I hate this doctor and his obnoxious secretaries so we've posted appropriate reviews as per our Constitutional right. The tiny, stinky, beat up office should be the first hint that something is not right. Thousands of other doctors are nearby so it's not like he's the only game in town. Oh, and guess what, I'm a real patient not like some people who post online (especially those who post rave reviews.)

October 26th, 2014
Rated Second Worst Doctor in Philly!
On RateMDs' website, Louis D. Petrellis was rated 208th out of 209 area doctors. I am flabbergasted that anyone would post a good review for him. Louis D. Petrellis is the worst doctor I've ever seen. He took nearly two hours past the appointment time to see me. After the long wait, he seemed irritated to even see me. He prescribed an antibiotic for what turned out to be a virus! No wonder Petrellis had to go to a lowly osteopathic college instead of a real medical school. Perhaps none of the latter would accept him due to his inattention, indifference, and laziness. This was my first time and last time visit. There are many better doctors in the area who actually want your business. Oh and Doc, if you're reading this, maybe you should improve your bedside manner, focus, concentration, staff attitude, office atmosphere, and overall treatment of your patients. Maybe then you'll receive good ratings and increased business. You are in business to make money, right? A good first step would be to fire your entire staff and hire new, friendlier people.

March 26th, 2014
Not Recommended
Louis Petrellis, DO is the least reliable doctor that I have ever been to. I wish that I could rate him zero stars. I don't know why anyone would give him a good review, unless they are out of their minds.

May 29th, 2013
There is Room for Improvement
Everyone associated with this practice, including the doctor, seems to be an amateur. They are clueless about how to properly run a medical office.

May 7th, 2013
Not satisfied
Like some people mentioned, Lou Petrillis is only an osteopath not a real medical doctor. He's not really that competent to be honest. Still, he has a decent staff and you can easily make an immediate appointment because he's not that popular because everyone knows osteopaths are not as good as MD's. Of course you will have to wait an hour or two after you arrive on time for your appointment. By the way, nice going doc on the fake review you wrote for yourself that appears below mine, LMAO! Lou is better than nothing but there are way better choices.

April 30th, 2013
My 20 years with Dr. Petrelli
I can't believe these reviews of Dr. Petrellis on this page. I have been a patient of Dr. Petrellis' for over 20 years. I consider him a compassionate, caring competent doctor. He always looks into most symptoms that I present to him. He will send you for further testing when needed. I don't know who these crybabies are, but all I can say is grow up. One reason you have to wait most times is that he is patiently listening to a patients problems. Lets face it, sometimes we go just to be reassured that all is well. He never brushes me off. I wait sometimes but I remind myself that when it is my turn he will give me his undivided attention. I have been to other doctors who make you feel like you are on a production line. I never feel that way. The staff has always been kind to me. When I call because I am really sick, I always get an appointment. I have had occasion when I have called after hours left a message and he calls back in a reasonable amount of time. So you people that are unhappy with him, there are many that are glad we have him. I guess that is why the office is always crowded.

March 24th, 2013
Avoid Louis Petrillis
I am well educated and thusly more qualified to judge physicians than is the average person. Trust me, Petrillis is the worst of the worst in every respect. As the below reviews state, he is an osteopath, not even a true medical doctor.

March 7th, 2013
Good doctor
Doc is very good....once you get to see him! Expect to wait forever! The staff, especially Melissa, is miserable. She barks orders at you and looks like a raincloud. You WILL have to go into the office for every little thing. The "gatekeepers" rarely give the doc messages, and want you to come in for an appointment, usually in the middle of the day, 2 weeks later. Staff act put upon; not a good atmosphere for sick people.