Dr. Louis Re MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

April 15th, 2015
Dr. Re and his staff are WONDERFUL!!!!
Dr. Re is absolutely wonderful! He explained everything he was going to do clearly and was a pleasure to work with. The staff was on point, very prompt , and extremely nice. When I got out of surgery, I felt no pain and I'm on day 2 and still am very comfortable. I have a little pain, but not enough to complain about. Thank you Dr. Re and all of your staff for making a bad situation a pleasant experience.

June 5th, 2014
He truly is the shoulder king.
Dr. Re is smart and efficient. If you need shoulder surgery, he is the best in the field. You know you have the best surgeon when EVERYONE from the admitting staff at the hospital to all prep nurses, when they see you have Dr. Re, ask you how you got him to do surgery because he is the best. I ENJOY his efficient follow up visits. You will love him!!!!

October 9th, 2013
Dr Dr Louis P Re
I cannot for the life of me think why there were such vicious and hostile answers. To the contrary both my wife and I found him to be a highly competent surgeon and physician. He is not arrogant, but possesses a great sense of humor,unlike many physicians. He is very eclectic in his practice and does not hesitate to prescribe pain medications, when he considers that to be appropriate. He treats patients with great respect, as well as spending time with the patients. The other surgeons are all very competent and patient friendly, as well. The office staff are a joy to deal with as well. Those hostile reviews, I suspect, have either been written by the same persons, under different names, or they are simply narcissistic individuals who have no respect for physicians and seem to want to run the show. My experience, my wife's and others, whom I have referred also strongly disagree with the negativism reflected in their " evaluations "

April 10th, 2013
Good doctor, even if somewhat socially inept
Arrogant? Yes. Very. Condescending? Yes. But he managed to assuage my sizable fear of a second surgery on a badly injured shoulder. The surgery went very well and the office is GREAT to work with. Bottom line - I'm not paying this guy to charm me over dinner. I'm paying him to fix what's wrong with me. And he did, quite quickly. That's about all I can ask. And in hindsight the whole experience was so outrageous it seems comical. I guess in an odd way that's a plus. The story - if you're curious: I was half drugged in pre-op and the nurses are all looking at the clock and the surgery schedule. Dr. Re walks in quite late with a tennis racquet and gym bag. He starts chatting up the nurses, and looks over at me and says "oh, it's you." I'm certain it was his attempt at humor (hopefully). It was unsettling to say the least. In retrospect it's rather funny.

July 3rd, 2012
The Best Doctor !

August 12th, 2011
I suffered a broken ankle after falling on an icy sidewalk. I saw Dr. Re a few days after my visit to the emergency room. He took one look at my x-ray and told me surgery was needed which he managed to schedule for the next day. All went well. I saw Dr Re 4 weeks after surgery when my cast was replaced with another and 3 weeks later when my cast was removed completely. I found him to be most professional. I had one question about a post surgical x ray which I found to be answered in a brusque manner. Aside from that, I found him to be most professional and I would recommend him to anyone in need of an orthopedic surgeon.

April 18th, 2011
DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR
I went into the office to see one doctor, and I was fooled into seeing Dr. Re. I asked if he was also a knee specialist and the receptionist told me he just does shoulders. then the accountant chirps in that he does knees, convincing me to go. So i did- i then proceeded to be talked down to by the arrogant doctor, with horrible bedside manner, not allowing me to speak and pulling on my knee causing me horrible pain, much worse than the orthepedist i saw on the west coast where the incident occured. he then walked out of the office without completing my diagnosis. When i got to the checkout, he came over and started discussing my issue with me in front of another patient, and then finished his reccomendation for an MRI "listen man, i don't have x-ray vision", as he walked away from me in the hallway, out of my sight. i never dealt with a doctor who could be so disrespectful and arrogant.If it couldn't get worse... they sent me out WITHOUT the MRI prescription, told me that jessica would call me with an MRI script. this never happened, and i left two messages with her that went unreturned. I am still without MRI script. and basically the only thing the doctor was good for is a script for high strength motrin. save yourself the aggrivation and protect your health.

July 19th, 2010
Not A Happy Camper
This doctor needs to get some sort of training and being a little more human and less time being such an arrogant individual. I hope one day he gets a doctor to treat him as he just treated me, so he can get an idea of the type of bed side manner he possesses. He may indeed be a good Doctor but I will never know.