Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

2.5

Disgraced show details Disgraced
by Wow on Mar 18th, 2016

He should go thru therapy--the most rude, rough, brief, uncaring and abrupt visit. Will NEVER return.

Go somewhere else show details Go somewhere else
Feb 23rd, 2016

Dr Sobel spent less than one minute with me before sending me for hearing test. Came back and said my condition seemed to be improving for my hearing loss even though it was my first visit to see him. I had a few questions since he never gave me a diagnosis. After my third question he said come back in 3 weeks I have to move on and walked out of the room after maybe 3 min. Would never go back and would highly recommend no one go see this guy.

NEW PATIENT- JULY 7,2011 show details NEW PATIENT- JULY 7,2011
Jul 8th, 2011

AS A NEW PATIENT, I FOUND DR. SOBOL TO BE CONDESCENDING AND ARROGANT. HIS MANNER WAS VERY UNCARING. HE BRUISED MY FRENULUM DURING THE EXAM OF MY THROAT. ( THE SORENESS REMAINED THE NEXT DAY) THE ROUGH MANNER IN WHICH HE PULLED MY TONGUE WAS NOT NECESSARY. I CANCELLED MY FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT AND WILL NOT BE RETURNING.

Not as caring as he could be show details Not as caring as he could be
May 3rd, 2011

I think Dr. Sobol needs to be more caring and concerned about his patients. He seems good technically. But his bedside manner is not the best.

Apr 15th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Sobol by my Peds office regarding my son's constant ear problems. When first meeting Dr. Sobol, I began to provide a little background information and he immediately, rudely interrupted me and commented that I wasn't going fast enough. I am very upset and distraught over how I was treated. I just can't believe someone in the healthcare profession is capable of treating a patient in that way. Nothing was resolved, no next steps... nothing at all. I was very emotional after leaving that office.Would not recommend.

Find another Dr show details Find another Dr
Jan 3rd, 2011

This staff and Dr are not nice to patients or patients staff. Further, their medical billing was poor. They did not inform us that the anesthesiologist would not be covered as in - network, and we were stuck with a $900 bill for a minor procedure. My advice, especially for younger children, find another Dr.

Find another doctor show details Find another doctor
Nov 10th, 2010

KNowledge of their field is one way to rate a doctor. But I do think that maybe they need personality tests or training before they are allowed to converse with other human beings.Dr. Louis Sobol was short, flippant(sp?), wrote a script because "why not?" with a shrug of his shoulders, offered no explanations, just questions, and was overall absolutelt NOT interested in me as the patient at all. I couldnt run out of there faster.

Aug 26th, 2010

I also was not happy with the doctor's rush to judgment. I had to go to a second doctor for a correct diagnosis. Further, there was no hands-on external exam of my throat when my condition seemed to warrant it.

Feb 17th, 2010

Did the job I needed him to do.

Arrogant & Unhelpful show details Arrogant & Unhelpful
by D.W. on Jan 26th, 2010

Not only is Dr. Sobol extremely arrogant, his diagnosis was incorrect. (I had to go to a second doctor for successful treatment.) They overbilled me and my insurance and then refused to help with my insurance problem. They do not return calls, ever. No one there appears to care about anything but racking up big bills.