Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Run away!!!  |  show details
by Distraught and Dismayed on Mar 19th, 2013

I have never been made to feel so small or insignificant as I was made to feel at Dr. Sobol's office. He was rude, arrogant, and short tempered. I'm not sure but last I checked I am not only the patient, but the client as well. I chose to give him my business and he chose to treat me horribly, I will be making a different choice now. His exam was rushed, he didn't care to hear about my systems, he shoved a very large object into my mouth with no warning and them upon my gagging treated me as if I was a child. Upon recommending that I see as Gastro, becuase he dosen't help my kind of problems, I asked him for a name of someone that he might recommend (not sure why I even bothered). He replied that it dosen't matter, as if all Dr. are the same. Well I have news for him, some Dr. are better than others and he is the absolute bottom of the barrell....

Mar 5th, 2013

Arrogant. Condescending. Rude. Look up any of these words in the dictionary and you will be Dr. Sobol's picture. I accompanied a friend to her appointment at Dr. Sobol's office and was utterly appalled. Whatever happened to the days of kind and gentle care by a doctor. He was one of the rudest men I have ever met. I can only assume that he suffers from Napoleon Complex...not only is he small in stature but also in integrity. Do yourself a huge favor and seek out another doctor.

|  NEW PATIENT- JULY 7,2011  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2011

AS A NEW PATIENT, I FOUND DR. SOBOL TO BE CONDESCENDING AND ARROGANT. HIS MANNER WAS VERY UNCARING. HE BRUISED MY FRENULUM DURING THE EXAM OF MY THROAT. ( THE SORENESS REMAINED THE NEXT DAY) THE ROUGH MANNER IN WHICH HE PULLED MY TONGUE WAS NOT NECESSARY. I CANCELLED MY FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT AND WILL NOT BE RETURNING.

|  Not as caring as he could be  |  show details
May 3rd, 2011

I think Dr. Sobol needs to be more caring and concerned about his patients. He seems good technically. But his bedside manner is not the best.

Apr 15th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Sobol by my Peds office regarding my son's constant ear problems. When first meeting Dr. Sobol, I began to provide a little background information and he immediately, rudely interrupted me and commented that I wasn't going fast enough. I am very upset and distraught over how I was treated. I just can't believe someone in the healthcare profession is capable of treating a patient in that way. Nothing was resolved, no next steps... nothing at all. I was very emotional after leaving that office.Would not recommend.

Mar 24th, 2011

My daughter visited this so called doctor and was never been treated so poorly by a Physician let alone another human being. She left his office in tears. He had the nerve to ask her why she came out to his area to see a doctor mis diagnosed her and told to in the future go to her own doctor. The guy is an ass.

|  Find another Dr  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

This staff and Dr are not nice to patients or patients staff. Further, their medical billing was poor. They did not inform us that the anesthesiologist would not be covered as in - network, and we were stuck with a $900 bill for a minor procedure. My advice, especially for younger children, find another Dr.

|  Find another doctor  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2010

KNowledge of their field is one way to rate a doctor. But I do think that maybe they need personality tests or training before they are allowed to converse with other human beings.Dr. Louis Sobol was short, flippant(sp?), wrote a script because "why not?" with a shrug of his shoulders, offered no explanations, just questions, and was overall absolutelt NOT interested in me as the patient at all. I couldnt run out of there faster.

Aug 26th, 2010

I also was not happy with the doctor's rush to judgment. I had to go to a second doctor for a correct diagnosis. Further, there was no hands-on external exam of my throat when my condition seemed to warrant it.

Feb 17th, 2010

Did the job I needed him to do.

|  Arrogant & Unhelpful  |  show details
by D.W. on Jan 26th, 2010

Not only is Dr. Sobol extremely arrogant, his diagnosis was incorrect. (I had to go to a second doctor for successful treatment.) They overbilled me and my insurance and then refused to help with my insurance problem. They do not return calls, ever. No one there appears to care about anything but racking up big bills.