Family Practitioner

Kensington
2020 E Allegheny Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19134
215-427-0770
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Terrible doctor  |  show details
by John P. on Oct 28th, 2013

I went to this doctor on the suggestion of a friend. Needless to say I was horrified with his bedside manner as welll as his medical diagnosis. He was rude and acted as if I was merely a nuisance. He seems to me to be a very unhappy person. After my visit with him I continued to have symptoms and went to another MD who ultimately properly diagnosed my problem.

|  A very compassionate, knowledgable doctor  |  show details
by David S on Apr 15th, 2013

Dr Vandebeek has been our family doctor for years and three generations have been very pleased with his care. He has been there for us through thick and thin, and has been able to solve problems for us promptly and with a confidence which we love. I highly recommend this fine physician.

by Robert on Mar 29th, 2013

All I can say is, in very real terms, this doctor saved my life....I face a difficult road ahead, but due to his intelligence, knowledge and persistence, my disease was caught at a stage where I should be able to enjoy growing old!

|  Excellent MD  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2012

Recently helped me through a difficult time -- a great doctor and a great person

May 23rd, 2012

I find Dr. Van De Beek to be a thorough doctor. He always gets to the bottom of what is ailing me or my children, however he does sometimes have a horrible attitude and doesn't seem to mind belittling me or his staff. I sometimes argue with him & end up leaving his office upset. I stay because he is a good doctor & as far as care goes he takes very good care of me & my family. I just wish he would work on his bed side manners a bit.

|  PATIENT AND SOMEONE WHO WORKS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

THIS PCP DOES NOT ONLY HAVE TERRIBLE BED SIDE MANNER BUT IS EXTREMELY RUDE. HE NEEDS TO BE MUCH MORE CURIOUS TO EVERYONE REGARDLESS IF THEY ARE A PATIENT, NURSE, STAFF, ANOTHER DOCTOR, ETC. I HAVE WORKED IN THE MEDICAL FIELD FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND I AM COMPLETELY APPALLED AT HOW THIS DOCTOR HANDLES HIMSELF.

|  Firefighter  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

WE were referred to this doctor by friends of the family who have been his patients for the past 12 years. He has been there for all of our family and seems to be totally up on his knowledge. He is direct, to the point and does not hesitate to "go the extra mile." I have recommended him to others and all have been very happy with his care. He always returns our calls and has never hesitated to help on the phone.He is well known for turning away those who may be seeking drugs, which is a real problem in our neighborhood, and I am sure that is the basis for any negative comments. Truly, the best!!

Sep 12th, 2011

Doctor for my entire family for the past 2 years. Very concerned and knowledgable -- would highly recommend

|  Firefighter  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2011

A real nice guy -- has always been there for us.

|  School teacher  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

This doctor is the best I have known. He takes care of our entire family and was able to diagnose a problem (and correct it) after several other physicians had failed. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Vandebeek. He is compassionate, extremely intelligent and truly cares about his patients.

|  What an Miserable Dr.  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

I wish I could give negitve stars for Dr. Van De Beek's "Bedside Manner".He seems to be miserable with life. I find it disturbing that he chooses to take it out on others... namely me. Thanks for the horrible treatment Dr. Van De Beek! If I could suggest somthing: try an anti depresent or a new occupation? I'm looking for a new Dr.

|  The best!  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2011

An excellent physician -- very caring and competent

|  Helps my whole family  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2011

Great doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. Has treated me and my family for the past 8 years and I highly recommend.

|  This man is a genius  |  show details
by James P. on Sep 29th, 2010

Dr van de Beek diagnosed my problem and has treated me to the point where I feel the best I have in years. His compassion is wonderful, and I have recommended him to many friends.

by Unprofessional on Sep 5th, 2010

He was on-call over a holiday weekend. I found him to be so disrespectful and never would I think of being a patient.

|  Bad Beside Manner, Terrible Follow Up & Not Courtesy or Professional with his Staff & Patients  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2010

Unprofessional to both his patients and his staff. Very Sarcastic and uncaring. Prolongs wait time inbetween diagnosis. Instead of looking for the root of the problem, he tells you to wait it out so you have to come into his office more frequently=more copay and office visits for his pocket.

|  mean  |  show details
by Ms. Bruce on Nov 7th, 2009

he likes to belittle is employers in front of patients. he treats the emlpoyer as if they don't know what they are doing... alot of the patients play on the doctor to get him angry at his employees. no matter what they can only do wrong.......