Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Office visit with Dr. Weimer for Charcot Marie Tooth show details Office visit with Dr. Weimer for Charcot Marie Tooth
by Jim on Jul 24th, 2014

I am a 65 year-old physician who recently developed symptoms and signs of peripheral neuropathy. Dr. Weimer performed a history and physical, and an EMG-NCV exam, and diagnosed Charcot Marie Tooth disorder, a genetic neuropathy. I felt he was thorough, compassionate, and spent enough time with me to learn about my symptoms and physical findings. Other doctors had been baffled by my disease, including a neurology professor at University of Chicago, and several physicians in my community. I highly recommend Dr. Weimer to anybody suffering from peripheral neuropathy who wants an accurate diagnosis, and correct treatment.

For Peripheral Neuropathy you need a doctor who listens show details For Peripheral Neuropathy you need a doctor who listens
Jul 9th, 2014

Great with communication. I have idiopathic neuropathy and it is very frustrating to me and other doctors when cause can't be found. More than pain from PN I am having trouble with crashing fatigue. His interest in autonomic disorders so I am going for a battery of tests to figure out if BP fluctuations causing this. I feel like he has a plan for me.. laid everything out, what drugs might help. Dr Weimer is one of the few doctors out of many I have seen in months that really is there for me.

Disappointment show details Disappointment
Mar 23rd, 2012

I was not the patient today but was the person that recommended the Neurological Institute. I have a son that Dr.Darryl DeVivo treated back in the 1990's. Excellent Dr. that gave my son the opportuntity for a new life by brain surgery after exhausting all means. I am not unfamiliar with dealing with neurological issues but do know when a Dr. is not prepared for a visit and sends in an intern to cover when he is actually running behind schedule. That is exactly what happened today. My future daughter-in-law has autonomic issues. An MRI was scheduled and completed today . We drove over three hours to this appointment and was told the Dr. would be prepared to discuss the MRI. The appointment time was 1 and he did not come in to see her until probably 1:40. Even that is not the issue . He sent another Dr. in to review her history which actually made no difference to her appointment . It was a filler due to him running behind schedule. Which again I do not care about but be prepared for your patient. He provided little information , mentioned a few medications which she had already tried and offered little other advice but continue with exercise. See you in a year. How frustrating. Why not do a phone conference if there is nothing to offer. Again, I am not your typical support person. I have sat years in hospitals and dealt with all kinds of Dr.'s. I expect more from my physician . I know and understand that there are some diseases that are difficult to treat. I had 15 years of waiting. Not that Dr. Weimar is not unsympathetic but my first impression was that he had nothing to offer. I expect more from and have had more from this facility.