Dr. Louis Yogel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 2nd, 2017
Dr Yogel treated me for many years when I lived in Florida
This doctors' heart is in the right place and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a urologist. Kidney stones are about the worst pain one can experience and he helped me many times..

February 20th, 2017
UROLOGY
I had the opportunity to visit this urology, even after reading the reviews. I have to say that I was impressed with his in depth knowledge of my situation and he was very pleasant. He answered all my questions. Yes he was a bit late in seeing me, but understandably, he came in and apologised for his lateness. He is a surgeon and Chief of Staff, and so that is expected, At my Primary Care and my Oncologist, I wait for hours to be seen. Would you rather wait to be seen by a good doctor, or would you rather be seen by a mediocre doctor who doesn't have time for you?

June 22nd, 2015
This doctor did not answer my questions or explain the medical issues.He was not very helpful and refused to explain his opinions regarding my health condition.I would stay away from this doctor.

June 18th, 2015
Avoid - Much better doctors at his practice
This was my first urologist appointment ever after a recent problem. After waiting almost an hour for this guy, we sat in his office and with 5 minutes he told me "well, you could have bladder cancer, or .....cancer and not even know it"....OMG, you say this to a brand new patient with no history or results leading to that diagnosis. Needless to say I left shaking, so I went for my CT Scan per his prescription and his staff who is awful misdirected me on where to go based on my insurance and copay, so I ended up paying hundreds of dollars needlessly when I could have gone to a place that would have cost half. I found another Dr and would not wish this guy on anyone.

June 3rd, 2013
Disrespectful, demeaning
He clearly believes he is more important than me or other patients. My appointment was at 1:15. At 1:30 he was not back from lunch. At 2:20 he was still with his 1:00 appointment. This has happened before. $ days later and not a word from him or his office.

April 7th, 2011
Wouldn't go back
I had been seeing his partner, Dr. Fauer, but the cause of my prostate problems eluded him so he arranged for a biopsy with Dr. Yogel. Dr. Fauer advised me to tell Yogel to take only two or three samples unless something indicated more. I think Yogel was offended by that instruction, because he kept going back in for more until after about twelve, I asked him if he was finished yet and he said. "One more." It turned out that there was nothing unusual in any of the samples. I think he just didn't like being told what to do by another doctor. Even his own partner.

July 2nd, 2017