Dr. Louisa Kalsner MD Patient Reviews

• Child Neurology Hartford, CT

October 6th, 2011
Confused
At our first apt. she seemed caring and concerned. Our 2nd apt. was much different, and even with witness's to my sons episodes, she said he was normal. She did not listen well, and repeated statements back to me incorrectly often minimilizing the details. After reviewing symptoms with several parents of children with epilepsy we are seeking a 2nd opinion out of Vermont. I wholeheartedly agree with the comment about the "buddy buddy" doctor system here, it does not work in favor of the patient and we have had similiar experienes in other fields of expertise.

June 22nd, 2011
I really like Dr. Kalsner. She explains things well and really cares about how my son is doing.

November 20th, 2010
Terrible experience
I don't even want to write about why we have such a bad experience with Dr. Kalsner because my child's condition requires a neurologist and we are now aware of the "buddy buddy" doctors club that happens and HATE going back there. The down fall of only having 2 children's neurologists in Vermont and both work in the same office. All I will say is she is very nice and sweet in the beginning...and accomodating...but DOES NOT explain anything accuratly and waited a very long time before she feelt she needs to test for anything. Then doesn't want you to worry and gives you false information instead of a full explination leving you more worried and confused.Met some other parents who took their children out and went to Dartmouth for very similar reasons. Found this site in searching to see if another neurologist for kids were in vt

September 22nd, 2010
Dr. Kalsner really helped us understand what was wrong with our son. She explained all the options to us and listened to our opinion. Now our son is doing great and we are so pleased.

August 17th, 2010
Dr. Kalsner's accurate and precise diagnosis helped us finally figure out what was wrong with our son. Her bedside manner was just wonderful. She really put us at ease. She is a very caring and compassionate doctor.

August 13th, 2010
Heavy sigh...
Was happy to hear I shouldn't worry about concerns I had initially and that what my child was doing was "normal"...only to have serious problems follow due to not getting a prompt diagnosis. Just because a child "looks" healthy, doesn't mean they are. Mine was not healthy but was given the "everything is normal" over and over again until a second opinion was saught.She did not take our concerns seriously and dissagreed with other professionals that there were significant issues going on. My child is now being treated for a disease and is much healthier today thanks to that second opinion.

May 7th, 2010
not impressed with dr. kalsner at all. she was always unprepared for my daughter's appointments, always had to check with other doctors before answering basic questions. she failed to mention very important things to look out for in childhood neurology patients--like seizures. her nurse, nancy, was condescending. phone calls were never returned. we switched to dartmouth and are happy there.