Dr. Louise Buhrmann MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Winter Park, FL

no change

February 1st, 2017
Problem with control
Seems she would rather be manipulative during her appointments then offer help or assistance. Waste of $$. Terrible staff. Terrible experience.

February 2nd, 2016
Best Dr Ever. It only took me 32 years to find her and someone who treats me like they care about my recovery, I'm no longer an assembly line. She takes the time with me knowing my conditions and no matter how many times I ask she politely and explains it to me again in another form I can understand. It's so refreshing that he Compassion shines through. She listens, she takes notes. She cares. Such a rare quality in a Dr. No wonder she hasn't taken on new clients in years. No one will leave her! I feel like she's "in this" with me and validates my concerns. I owe 100% of my stability and progress to her. She's Not only the BEST Dr. she's my cheerleader, she never gives up. I hope she gets to read this, she's doing her job, which is rare to find, in this industry, but she goes Above and Beyond to make sure, I'm sure NOT just me, but Everyone she treats like VIP. In our, sometimes longer sessions, because I need it, I never feel rushed. The time she takes with me, her patience and her staff are mind blowing I KNOW she will NEVER give up on me. And the issues we have faced in almost 8 years, she's been holding my hand through it every time, good or bad. Thank You Dr. Buhrmann, Just for being You..

April 2nd, 2015
Patient
The office (business) manager returned a phone call upon my records being released to another NON medical professional. The counselor sent me a copy of the diagnosis, and after reviewing it was absolutely appalled. She stated my eye color as being blue, characterized me as being overweight, stated I was assaulted as a result of being a member of the armed forces, when I was actually robbed and assaulted, which I clearly went into great detail with her during my consultation. And, to top it off, because I informed her my grandmother died as a result of cirrhosis, she diagnosed me as being an alcoholic, as well as a smoker. I have NOT smoked in over a year, and the propensity FOR is not a diagnosis as BEING. Her office manager stated she has over 500 clients and there is no way they can "follow up" with disclosure forms, etc. Well, that is apparent, because she made MANY errors in just referencing me as a client.

January 14th, 2015
I have never seen an office as well run asthat of Dr.Buhrmann.If they say they will call you back~~it is within minutes.The staff is kind,friendly and most efficient! As for Dr. Buhrmann,she listens carefully,takes everything into consideration and seems to be cautious and conservative in her diagnosis and prescribing. I have only had one hour long office visit and numerous phone conversations.First impressions are lasting ones! I am most impressed and look forward to using Dr. Buhrmann's assistance when needed.

January 18th, 2013
Excellence and refreshing
Dr. Buhrmann is the most caring, qualified and competent psychiatrists in the entire nation. Been patient for 4 years and she ALWAYS listens to your concerns and questions. She will always listen and consider your ideas for treatment and actually uses your feedback Ina positive and helpful way. She is a genuine person who actually cares about her patients and not money. Her motivation is not monetary and that is rare. I consider myself extremely lucky to have a doctor that cares as much as she does. She has truly changed my life and I would recommend her to anyone seeking psychological help. She is more than qualified and honest. This is a real review I urge people who want real help to get it and if you see Dr. Buhrmann she will help you.

October 9th, 2012
Excellent psychiatrist
I have been seeing Dr. Buhrman for 15 years. She is excellent in all areas, is willing to listen and work with you to get to the medication levels.

September 6th, 2012
My personal experience with Dr.Buhrmann was "Very satisfactory".
Having returned to Florida from out-of-state, I am hoping to become a regular patient again. She is the only doctor who has taken the time to listen and effectively treat my personal situation.I applaud her as both a physician and a caring person.

November 9th, 2010
Great Psychiatrist
I have been to my share of psychiatrists and Dr. Buhrmann is the only one that would not rush me out of the office and seems to generally care about my well being. Unfortunately, Doctors can not look into your brain and know exactly which medicine will work for you, but Dr. Buhrmann is dedicated to finding one that will. She really thinks about each persons problem and cautiously decides which medicine (if any) to try. I am really glad that I was referred to her.