Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
by Minerva on Mar 13th, 2015

Dr. Chuu is the ultimate professional!

by Jennifer F. on Feb 4th, 2015

She is incredible. I feel so lucky to have her as my doctor. She is that rare breed of intelligence combined with kindness. Trust me she provides excellent patient care and she is a skilled physician. She also has a great personality. The office wait time can be a bit long but she is worth it.

Exceptional doctor! show details Exceptional doctor!
Aug 27th, 2014

Dr. Chuu is patient, attentive, and always took extra time to answer my questions. I never felt rushed or dismissed while under her care. I knew Dr. Chuu was an exceptional doctor when during my first (and highly anticipated) OB visit she sadly informed me and my husband of our miscarriage. Her manner was calm and very informative, but also so sensitive and empathetic. The hours after that traumatic first appointment were some of the saddest of my life. It seems like it should have been difficult for me to return to her office but over the next couple of years she provided great care and trust... and eventually she delivered our beautiful baby girl. I could write more but I don't think it's necessary. Dr. Chuu is one of the best!! (Note: The office staff are also caring and attentive. And yes, office wait times can be bad. I always try to book the first appointment of the day.)

Jul 23rd, 2013

I found Dr. Chuu to be impatient and judgmental. I often left feeling nervous, upset and confused.

Slooow show details Slooow
Jun 14th, 2013

She's very nice but I always have to wait an hour at appointments. Plus someone's she brushes off my questions instead of answering them. Only had a few appointments so far.

Awful experience. show details Awful experience.
Feb 20th, 2012

Everything seemed great at my first appointment - the office staff was nice even though I had a long wait, and Dr. Chuu seemed very professional. I left the appointment feeling at ease, however a week later I received a series of voicemails from the doctor beginning at 4:30pm saying my test results had shown something bad. By the time I could return the call the office was closed, and so I spent the weekend worrying what could be wrong with me. I could not reach Dr. Chuu the following Monday and was finally called by another doctor in her office on Tuesday to give me the not great news. She told me Dr. Chuu prescribed medication, but couldn't make sense of the directions and had to call me again after calling Dr. Chuu to check. The other doctor also told me Dr. Chuu would be calling me later that day to first apologize for the way things were handled and then also to answer any questions that I had. I never heard from the doctor or anyone else at the office again. I wish I would have known before making my appt that not being pregnant would somehow make me a lower-class patient for this doctor.

Great Physician show details Great Physician
Dec 18th, 2011

Great show details Great
Jun 10th, 2011

Dr. Chuu is a great doctor. She delivered my first child and if I have another she will deliver him/her too. My mother is a nurse and thinks Dr. Chuu is a great gyn and my husband is a doctor and also thinks she is great. I refer other women to her all the time. Not sure what the other posts were referring to. She's a smart, calm, attentive doctor.

Dr. Chuu show details Dr. Chuu
Nov 15th, 2010

I was very excited to find Dr. Chuu for my obstetric care - she really put my mind at ease during our first appointment. She seemed very calm and gave us a lot of time. From there, things went severly downhill. She has literally cut one of our appointments short in the middle of questions, seems frazzled by other patients when she enters the room, the facility is filthy (bathroom where you leave your urine samle is dirtier than a NYC fast food restaurant), and she is an alarmist. Instead of quelling my pregnancy fears, she takes small issues and blows them out of proportion. I know she must do her job but I think part of a doctor's job (a good doctor) is calming a patient until there is really something to worry about (in my case, all "abnormal" iussues have turned out to be completely normal). I am transferring my care to a midwife due to this and, of course, just getting a copy of my medical records has turned into a serious battle with her office staff - "sorry, Doctor hasn't checked in today"...or "they told you that? they shouldn't have told you that." (referring to co-workers who told me records would be released for days now). Really frustrated with this doctor and her staff.

GREAT PHYSICIAN show details GREAT PHYSICIAN
Oct 7th, 2010

I am originally from California and I was very skeptical in finding a good GYN here. Dr. Chuu was a great selection. She has been caring for me during my prenatal care and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. Very detail oriented, compassionate about her field and I would totally recommend her to anyone I knew.

Uninformative, forgetful, show details Uninformative, forgetful,
May 3rd, 2010

I found Dr. Chuu capable of handling simple procedures. Other typical cases such as colposcopy, she didn't seem informed when requesting she be more specific about results. Nor discuss other options unless asked for them. She repeatedly forget to sign for RX or would give the wrong deatils in them which required I go back and forth from pharmacy to her office.

caring professional show details caring professional
by a00007 on Nov 7th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Chuu proved herself to be a caring and concerned professional. I always felt that she was attentive to my problems and offered professional suggestions. I always felt that I was in good hands when I saw her. She followed my pregnancy closely during the entire time and when I delivered she followed up to see how I was doing. For my first baby she put me at ease..

Read Full Review at kudzu.com