Dr. Lourdes Bosquez MD Patient Reviews

2.3
  • 18 reviews

December 4th, 2015
Update
I wrote a review a month ago regarding how Dr. Bosquez over medicated my mother while she was in a transitional hospital and refused to stop the medications, which caused my mother to be very confused and in an almost vegetative state. Update: when we got mom home from Kindred Hospital, we took her off all the medications Dr. Bosquez had her on. Mom is back to normal mentally and able to function again. Dr. Bosquez insisted that mom had dementia and was no longer able to function normally or to be off of the medications, even though we insisted that mom had never displayed symptoms of Dementia until put on the medications. Mom is doing difficult word puzzles and reading daily again, she converses normally again, she is cheerful, and completely alert and oriented. NO signs of Dementia! Doctors should listen to family members!

October 29th, 2015
Terrible and dangerous!!
Stay far away! Over medicated my hospitalized loved one to the point that she could no longer function, even though she was repeatedly asked to stop the medications. My loved one was a functional and independent person before Bosquez, basically now a vegetable after Bosquez.

October 20th, 2015
Only a rating of 1 because I had to. She is the worst doctor I have ever seen. The office in general is awful. My daughter is a patient of hers for about 10 years, which is about to change. They over collected on the copay and I have been trying for 2 weeks to get a refund or even to speak to someone. No one will call me or contact me in any way. I took them copies of the EOB and receipt. They won't call me about the situation and they insist on communicating by email. They don't answer their phone or call back. If you are late even by 5 minutes, Dr. Bosquez will leave. The front desk people are no better than she is. They only deal with email. You have to make your return appt. by email, you can't even make it before you leave the office. I would never recommend her to anyone

October 18th, 2015
The Dr over medicated my husband in Kindred Hospital to the point he was in a catatonic state. Then he was very confused and talked irrational for 2 weeks until I fired her. I took him to the ER after he was released and they said it will take some time for the meds to get out of his system.

October 15th, 2015
This woman shouldn't have a license to practice.
Quotes a copay and then demands more money but won't provide billing. Dr. Bosquez shows up late to work every day-I end up waiting close to 3 hours regularly and never less than an hour. Front desk can't multi task so the phone never gets answered-she's rude and incompetent. Dr. Bosquez confuses me with other patients regularly and won't listen. Hands out medication incorrectly and doesn't spend more than 10 minutes with me although she bills insurance for a therapy visit and a medication visit. Never follows up.

July 28th, 2015
This is the worst doctor I have ever encountered. We had to wait 1.5hrs for the first two visits, and she didn't show up on the third. She is the rudest doctor I have seen in my 45 years, refusing to discuss matters with me (about my minor son) and interrupting me when I spoke. I have no confidence in her abilities either. I have never felt inclined to write a doctor review until now. I hope you will heed my advice and not go to this doctor.

February 6th, 2015
Mr.
I absolutely dispise this Dr. I will never ever go to her again. She treated my loved one & due to her negligence, they died. Do not go to her, you will regret it!!!! She needs phyciatric help herself. The worst Dr. in the state of Texas!!

December 1st, 2014
My teenage daughter came to Dr. Bosquez over a year ago, suffering from major depression and suicidal thoughts. Dr. Bosquez listened to every question and concern I had as if my daughter’s life depended on it…because it did. The direct approach Dr. Bosquez used with my daughter proved successful. Dr. Bosquez gave clear and concise direction to help her work through her issues. My daughter responded positively to Dr. Bosquez and her straightforward, no-nonsense methods. For the first time, my daughter was able to understand why she had destructive thoughts and what to do to change her thinking. I would love to say that my daughter was instantly better, but that was not the case. It took several months of hard work and determination from Dr. Bosquez to find the right combination of therapies, with the addition of medication, to help my daughter through the dark times. Mental health emergencies don’t always happen during office hours, and we had to take my daughter to the emergency room in the middle of the night. Even though it was a weekend, we were able to contact Dr. Bosquez and have her work with the doctors and hospital to facilitate a safe plan for my daughter’s release. My daughter has had nearly 30 appointments with Dr. Bosquez – sometimes we go right in – sometimes there is a wait. I take comfort in the fact that Dr. Bosquez does not rush my daughter during her appointment and makes sure that all questions and concerns are addressed. Dr. Bosquez always gives my daughter the time needed, not just the time allowed. For that, I never mind waiting. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Bosquez.

August 22nd, 2013
I gave 1 star only because this site made me in order to write a review, otherwise I wouldve given NONE. This was the absolute WORST experience from day one when they didnt call me back the first go round. That should've been a red flag from the get go but I kept trying only because I was assured that she was a great doctor and I was new to the area and with school starting soon I needed to get my child to an appt right away. After reading all these reviews, I don't see how she even has a practice. She and her staff (MAINLY the staff) are a complete joke. Dont even waste your time thinking about it much less punching in the numbers on a phone to call.

July 18th, 2013
I would NOT recommend Dr. Bosquez. Ease of schedule appointments....doesn't exist! I always had to pull my step-daughter out of school (which I hated) and her meds were always changing. The appointments didn't last long and she never let you get a sentence in and if she did, she would cut you off. Office up front don' even know what they are doing. The docs were always correcting their mistakes! They messed up EVERY time we got charged and luckily we got the money back but its still very frustrating! My latest experience will be our last and here is why. I had made an appointment for 1:45 for my step-daughter. They called me the day of the appointment to say they had to change that time to 1:15 (an hour before I had to leave) so we leave and we get there on time. My daughter (18mths) had to come with us and she was behaving and playing with legos and she had come with us before to an appointment so I didn't see a problem. The assistant came back in and said, "I'm sorry but Dr. Bosquez is pretty upset that your daughter is here. She only likes the parents and the patient in the room is there anyway that someone can watch her or we can reschedule ?" and I told her, "It wasn't a problem before when I had her here and she isn't going to repeat anything, that they need a sign but don't worry about it." and the girl was polite and apologized but I told her it wasn't her place to apologize but God forbid a doctor actually apologize for their behavior or rudeness. Yes, that was rude. Maybe she isn't a kids person but then she shouldn't be treating children. Very frustrating because that was my step-daughters 2wk follow up that had to be rescheduled another week! Horrible bedside manner (so to speak), and I have never seen the lady smile. Rant over. If you choose this doctor just prepare to be very frustrated!

April 17th, 2013
Not shure how this doctor has patients
This was the most horrible experience I have ever had in a doctor's office. I went to see her for my daughter for possible ADD/ADHD. She had litttle to no interaction with my daughter, was insulting and condescending when we asked questions. Made unrealistic suggestions and accusations. Provided no medical information in regards to the diagnosis or the medication. Was going to write a prescription on the spot. When we asked the differences in medications she told us to look it up on the internet and get back to her. She stated that her time was up (15 minutes) and walked out the door. AWFUL!!!!!!!!

March 1st, 2013
I wrote the below post talking so HIGHLY of Dr. Bosquez , saw her for YEARS (so did my husband, brother in law, best friend and her husband, and several people I referred from my work NONE of us will be going back EVER, I've even had other doctors know her by name and make comments, it's interesting as my eyes have been opened) I defended Dr. Bosquez and her staff like crazy! All I can say is I could NOT even IMAGINE all the horrible things people were saying could be true, but TRUST me....it's ALL true. The moment you need something critical from her and/or she makes a mistake (like submitting the WRONG detail to an insurance company) she won't respond or be available, the staff will screen your calls through an answering machine and Dr. Bosquez, instead of admitting that she made a mistake, will blame insurance companies and suggest you find another doctor. (and I work with insurance I know how furstrating insurance can be but THIS IS ON HER). Dr. Bosquez submitted a request to our insurance company (that we paid her $30 for) for my husband to take 3 (yes THREE) extended release adderall .... YES, THREE extended release adderall AT ONE TIME EVERY MORNING...EXACT instructions "Take THREE EXTENDED RELEASE 20mg ADDERAL in the morning" Of course they denied and had HUGE concerns. Ok, mistake right? EASY FIX....Maybe even a typo, no big deal..... However, instead of her or her staff admitting that she simply had a typo or mistake and fixing this for us they argued with us, wouldn't answer our calls or emails and Dr. Bosquez FINALLY called me and no kidding told us it "wasn't her problem".....EXACT words. "It's NOT my problem". So my husband says, well wait she's my doctor if it's not her problem is she wanting me to find another doctor? So when I shared this with her (in tears mind you of the stress of all this) after YEARS of us having a great relationship with her she cut me off, hung up on me (yes very mature, then called me back and hung up on me a SECOND TIME) and then DEMANDED an apology letter, before we could get final refills of our medications. There's sooooo soooo much more to it all, I was SHOCKED! After years of a good experience and defending her (like below) I have now had my eyes opened to what SOOO many people have said. It's been quite enlightening contacting other doctors offices and actually having a LIVE person answer the phone, life is KARMA that's all I can say, this will catch up to her…we paid her $30 for a prior authorization she NEVER corrected. It's taking me quite awhile to get in to see another doctor so I asked Dr. Bosquez if she could fill 1 last request of my meds, it's really just 3 weeks worth, she's done it before when I was traveling etc., but now all the sudden they can't help me out. OF COURSE, because she made a mistake, so did the staff, I called them out on it because they wouldn't just fix it (such an easy fix) and now they feel all "powerful" and this is their way of showing that since I called them on their mistakes (like the front receptionist/front office girl arguing with me that Three time per day is the SAME thing to an insurance company as 3 in the morning.....and then when I say "are you telling me the prescription in my hand has the SAME instructions as what you sent to my insurance company" and the OTHER front office girl says "NO 3 times per day is different than 3 in the morning".......DING DING DING!) BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!!!! I'll be posting this EVERYWHERE! I have SOOO much more I could share, I was going to wait and see if she was going to have ANY HEART or make me go 3 weeks WITHOUT medication that she's been treating me on for OVER 5 years.....but no way...after not responding to me for a week they FINALLY answer my call to tell me no, of course and there's an excuse that's a new excuse never needed before (I offered to pay for the scripts OF COURSE but no, this time it's a RULE/REQUIREMENT that she could always just overlook before?! hm). Eventually people will see this side of the office and the Doctor that I once defended and loved. BEWARE too….she might cancel an appt. on you AT THE LAST MINUTE, but you dang sure better not do it cause her emergencies are more important than yours…YOU HAVE TO PAY if you cancel, but she will OFTEN decide she's not working and you need to cancel yours….no warning! I can go on an on around ALL the things that recently came to light….trust me! You may love her now as much as I did, but it WILL happen. Every person I know has run into this! (here's what I wrote all those years ago....just like all the others defending her HA!!!! my eyes have been opened)..... IMAGINE being a Psychiatrist, people blaming you & their lives OFTEN in your hands. I can't imagine the pressure, only for people to write such horrible things based on 1 situation. I have been seeing Dr. Bosquez for over 2 years she has ALWAYS listened to me & is clearly very well educated. It took MONTHS of carefully monitoring & managing my medication, exactly what you want your Psychiatrist to do when treating such serious situations as she does. Not once has she ever just thrown medication at me, she is knowledgeable & has educated me, turning my situation and life around. I'm truly grateful for her! I have referred 2 other family members & 1 friend to her, we ALL love her & in each situation she has carefully administered and closely monitored appropriate care & medication as needed. It's CLEAR to me she takes her profession serious. Patients with very serious illnesses are in her office every day, so of course there are going to be wait times, wouldn't you want to wait if it was your suicidal loved one. Image how hard it is to plan their schedule with people that suddenly need critical time and attention from her & then others show up late & expect to not reschedule. And MOST Psychiatrists charge you for refills on your meds, this is not just a family practice office, she's often writing prescriptions for controlled substances. And I know without a doubt my insurance pays her less than half of her office visit and she continues to see me and treat my condition for a scenario where an insurance company decides to cut the pay. Her staff, they are busy, ALWAYS busy, never goofing off. I have been to many other offices & clinics many times where I've waited much longer for a doctor & the staff is sometimes goofing off. Her staff, EVERY time I call for a refill, they call me back the SAME day, whether I leave a message or talk to them, same day, never fails, I get a return call. MUCH faster turn around time from many other doctor's offices, in my experience.