Dr. Lourdes Hunter MD Patient Reviews

• Allergy and Immunology Frederick, MD

2.0

November 18th, 2015
Do not go HERE
Dr. Hunter has a horrible bedside manner, is very condescending and does not think of her patients overall well-being. Their billing staff is not knowledgeable and she she cannot keep a steady group of employees either. It takes a lot for me to be fed up but I have finally transferred my son's care out of that office after dealing with several issues there.

August 31st, 2015
She is a real piece of work. She seems passionate about allergies, but has no people skills and is very rude and condescending. I usually don't go out of my way to review anything, but she is a terrible person. Find a different allergist in Frederick.

February 6th, 2015
This practice is great and I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Hunter and her staff. Wonderful and helpful!!

January 27th, 2015
I've been a patient of Dr. Hunter's for a few years now and have been receiving allergy shots. I was reading the reviews and I could not believe what some of these people were saying. Dr. Hunter is a very nice person and she has actually become even nicer since I started my allergy shots she can be very cold and abrut at times but don't we all? Dr. Hunter has changed her staff in the past but I think right now she has the great combo all the nurses are very nice and helpful and actually relay my messages to her when I have a question. I definitely recommend her to everyone who is having issues with their allergies.

November 19th, 2013
They refused to see my daughter
An employee misinformed me and now Dr. Hunter refuses to see my two year old daughter due to what they call "protocol." They just keep telling me that that employee is no longer with hem. Okay, that's great, but not my problem. It's funny, I had such a high opinion of Dr. Hunter and her level of expertise and had referred multiple new patients to her practice, but now I wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy. Her bedside manner leaves much to be desired and her staff is difficult, at best. I hope she can sleep well at night, because I will tell everyone about my horrible experience. There are many other allergists in Frederick. Pick someone else.

November 8th, 2013
The office is clean, the employees are helpful and nice and the doctor is on point when it comes to allergies. The shots are slightly more painful than my old allergists, but they are so much more effective.

September 10th, 2012
Dr. Hunter is a very caring person with a sense of humor and tells it to you straight. My allergy symptoms have completely dissipated (because I am following the treatment religiously). Very good doctor!

April 27th, 2012
Go somewhere else...
It's true that a doctor doesn't have to be a friend but at least the doctor can be friendly, professional and seem to care. This doctor just belittles and interrupts you. You are allowed no input, nor will she listen to your concerns. It is basically, I'm the doctor, here are your meds, follow this regimen, don't question me. One nurse is friendly, the others are horrible. On the plus side, the receptionists are very nice.

March 1st, 2012
Nice doctor
I see a lot of complaints about this doctor and almost did not go to my appointment because of what I was reading in the commentaries. However, my head felt like is was about to explode from sinus pressure, and my nose was running all the time, so I had to see somebody.You know what! she is a little brash and abrupt when talking to you, and she does cut you off sometime when you're talking. I can guarantee you that she would never be someone that I would make friends with just based on my visit; but, guess what! I did not go there to make friends, I did not go because I had nothing better to do in the middle of the day and wanted something to do. I went because she is a specialist at alleviating allergy problems, and I had real problems with my allergies. She did the test, diagnose the problem, and gave me some good drugs that solved my problems. End of visit.If you're looking for a buddy or friend... try facebook or a dating club, or even a bar. This is a doctors office, and they are not there to be your friend and talk nice to you. Get over yourselves.

December 6th, 2010
Staff was courteous enough, nurse was very nice. Dr. Hunter had no bedside manner and for a pediatric allergist was not particularly good at relating to my 4 year old. She almost seemed uncomfortable around children and was rather condescending to me. We'll be looking for another allergist!

November 1st, 2010
I would not recommend this allergist if you ar ein the unfortunate situation of being allergic to your pets. Dr. Hunter's recommended solution to help our son was to remove our pets from the home and to prescribe high levels of steriods. It is possible that pet allergies is a topic that she has strong feelings about; however her bedside manner was harsh and lacked understanding.

April 16th, 2010
Absolute worst doctor I have ever seen. Please avoid!