Dr. Lowell Nickel MD Patient Reviews

• 5 reviews

July 10th, 2016
Good Dr.
Great doctor. Any questions I've asked have been answered. He's done some knee surgeries for me and I'm completely happy with the work!

May 28th, 2014
Would recommend him to a friend
I had surgery two years ago with a different ortho doctor in Yuba City. Immediately after that surgery I was in worse pain than before the surgery. After many sessions of physical therapy, shots, and pain meds, I was still no better off. Finally I went to see Dr. Nickel. He gave me a prompt diagnosis, listened to what I was saying and surgically corrected the problem. Now nearly 5 weeks later, I am almost pain free and able to do things I hadn't been able to in 2 years. I even sent my son to him. On the other hand, I was not too thrilled with Oroville hospital. While the recovery nurses were fabulous, I was not impressed with the post care nurse nor the anesthesiologist. Had a complication waking up from surgery that caused difficulty breathing and his response was, "You'll be fine in an hour, suck it up". Even the nurses in recovery seemed mortified.

August 1st, 2011
how many holes can you drill into sombody before you mess them up for life!!!
this doctor has done a horrible job with me in the past 9 months he has done 4 surgerys on me!! and am waiting for surgery #5!!!! on the first surgery he put a screw in my ankle that chewed half way threw the bone in my foot and within a week he had to go back in and remove that screw and put 2 in with a plate...he left them in for 3 months then removed the 2 screws but left the plate then 2 months latter he went back in and replaced the 2 screws !!!and now 1 is too long and is trying to poke out of the skin and the other is backed half way out!!!! and i have been exsperiancing sever pain in my ankle that is bone pain!! and he seems trully indifferant about it and has continued cutting my pain meds...i am at wits end with this guy! and no other doctor will touch me cause they dont want to be held liable...what do i do?

March 15th, 2011
Wonderful
This experience was as all offices of physicians should be operated. The staff were respectful, quick, and helpful. Dr. Nickels was so polite and has such a wonderful personality, my daughter was highly pleased as I was. Thank you

October 26th, 2009
knee follow up after surgeries
Dr Nickel has operated on both my knees and has done an excellent job. I would reccomend him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery.