Dr. Lowry Bushnell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 15th, 2016
Engineer
Dr. Bushnell is the most caring doctor I have ever met. He is also the most knowledgeable. He understands medications and the chemistry of the brain like no one else. He can cure difficult cases of depression after everyone else has given up hope or does not know what to do next.

October 31st, 2012
Exceptional Dr.
Dr. Bushnell is an amazing and gifted Dr. he goes above the call of duty every time. He cares tremendously about what he does and his patients. He is very straight forward and honest. I am very grateful to have found the blessing of this Dr.

October 20th, 2012
Exceptional psychiatrist
I have seen a multiple of doctors in my life and Dr. B. is the best. He is most qualified in knowledge of medications and ability to come up with just the right combination. He is most caring and does listen and involve the patient in his care.He is very up to date aware of new treatment regimes. He is A one in my book.

September 10th, 2012
4 hours away...
I was inpatient at UNI for severe depression. Dr. Bushnell is a staunch advocate for ECT and I have no doubt that he is a sincere believer in ECT helping certain patients. He is honest and upfront and thorough about the risks and side effects. They seemed to be pushing this on me pretty hard, but to be honest, Dr. Bushnell was gracious and supportive when I backed out with only 4 hours to spare. Even though I was still in bad shape at the time, he said that I was fortunate to have a medication that worked very well for me in the past, and he was right on that. I will say that there are a LOT more patients getting this treatment than the staff might let on, and there are a LOT more patients getting more than 8-12 rounds. ECT might help you, but I thank the good LORD every day that I gave my medication time to work.

June 20th, 2012
Top psychiatrist
Dr. Bushnell has cared for my wife for more than 20 years. She had to have ECT back when it was done inpatient. My daughter also is having it right now on an out patient basis. She has had 3 of 8 treatments. This professional has a huge practice, is loved by his patients and is the best doctor I have ever had a family member go to. The kind of depression my family members deal with is not "the blues" it is Major Clinical Depression that can be treated but not cured. It is very tough on the patients that have to deal with this and usually includes "panic attacks" which are also a terrible thing for them.

February 3rd, 2012
World Class Psychiatrist
Dr. Bushnell is unique. 1st he will spend a full hour or more explaining ECT so you have very few questions. He is a pioneer. I had an 8 course ECT treatment from Dr. Bushnell with excellent results and it was quite obvious his care for me as an individual was to help me achieve the highest level of treatment possible. You won't find anyone better for ECT.

September 13th, 2011
Dr. Bushnell is the kindest, most knowlegable professional I have ever entrusted my care to. I quite literally owe my life to him!He listens, compassonate, honest (even if it hurts a little)and has a real understanding of mental health issues and their treatment.

August 29th, 2011
5 Star Doctor
Over 20 years with Dr. Bushnell.I spend several years with other Psychiatrists trying to get to the bottom of my illness. They had difficulty pinpointing exactly what was going on. Dr. Bushnell got me back on track in a short time. He saved life and I am eternally grateful. Five star rating in my book.

July 26th, 2011
Exceptional Doctor
Anyone who has rates Dr. Bushnell as less than excellent in every way is unfortunately in that category of poor patients who blame doctors for the patient not doing as the doctor recommends. My experience was an initial hour plus explanation from him of the procedure and exactly what to expect. His professionalism and experience is at the top of his field of expertise, you simply can't find a better ECT Psychiatrist with excellent knowledge of psychiatric medications as well.

February 14th, 2011
This is the guy if you want shock therapy
If you're a woman with depression, don't expect much other than ECT.

January 21st, 2011
Rude
very unkind, did not listen or consider my concerns. in a word Rude.

November 11th, 2010
Saved me from Bipolar Disorder I through E.C.T.
This Doctor stayed with me through more than a decade of life-threatening disability. When things became really rough he was the only one with a solution. Because of his care I am now living a full life.