Pediatricians, Pediatric Specialist
Video profile
3204 Allaire Rd
Wall Township, NJ 07719
(732) 758-9008
Locations and availability (2)

|  A Heart to Heart  |  show details
May 29th, 2012

I've know Dr.Rivera since birth. She found out I had SVT when my mom was pregnant with me. One time when I was in the hospital Dr. Rivera came to visit me and made me feel a lot better about the situation I was in. I feel so comfortable with Dr.Rivera and the office staff when I go for a visit. She showed me that despite my heart condition I'm a normal kid and that I can't let it hold me back. She inspires me to take good care of myself as well. Most people don't look forward to going to the doctor but I enjoy seeing Dr.Rivera and her staff. She is like family to me. I am now a healthy teenager and don't know where I would be without her. Dr. Rivera has touched many lives but especially mine.-Mike Mullee

|  Excellent cardiologist  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2012

I have been bringing my son to Dr. Rivera's office for over 9 years.She diagnosed his hyploplastic left heart syndrome in utero when I was 19 weeks pregnant.We have always been completely satisfied with our appointments, the staff is very courteous and pleasant.I would highly recommend Dr. Rivera as a pediatric cardiologist! Thank you Dr. Rivera!

|  Not only a doctor, she is our family!  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2012

I have known her for almost 12 years when she was able to diagnose my first son and his severe heart problem while he was still in my belly. Since then she has been there over seeing every medical concern or question I have had. She was also there every step of my second pregnancy, since my second sons heart was even worse then my first sons. I do not know where we would be today without her and her amazing staff. Me and my boys still continue to have a very close relationship with Dr. Riveria and she will always be considered part of our family.

|  Not about how many appointments she can book but how many hearts she can fix .  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

There are no words to describe Dr. Rivera and her staff!In January of 2010 my second daughter Seraphina was born. She was born with a airway defect called laryngomalacia and it was pretty severe (she needed airway surgery at 4 months old). We brought her to Dr. Rivera to see if her heart was being effected... it was. At 2 months old Seraphina had developed LVH and a s2 heart murmur. I remember Dr. Rivera saying those words to me and actually having to hold on to the exam table so I didn't fall over. My husband picked my daughter up off the exam table and her legs were blue & purple... Dr. Rivera asked us if that happened a lot--it did, daily. She informed us Seraphina was showing signs of something going on in her brain. I kept taking Seraphina to Dr to Dr, trying to figure out what was going on.. each time... Dr. Rivera would assure me it was brain related. One week after Seraphina's first birthday she woke up from a nap.. and started seizing. A few months later the Doctors were finally able to Dx her with front left lobe epilepsy. Dr. Rivera... was right. Looking back, I think about how thoroughDr. Rivera always was... anytime something happened with Seraphina, Dr. River would come to the hospital to make sure she was okay, have her come into the office to make sure the LVH was under control, return all my phone calls and ALWAYS answer all my questions... do everything and anything she could for my daughter. You do not find to many doctors today that are so well educated in what they do... and who have such a caring heart.When I walk into the office I feel like I am home... everyone knows me by first name and they truly care about my children. It's not about how many appointments they can book but how many hearts they can fix.. and for that... I will be forever grateful.

|  DR.RIVERA IS A TRUE BLESSING TO HER PROFESSION  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

MY SON HAS BEEN SEEN BY DR.RIVERA SINCE BIRTH,WITHOUT HER DEDICATION AND PASSION AS A PEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGIST,MY SON AS WELL AS COUNTLESS OTHER CHILDREN WITH CARDIAC DEFECTS MAY NOT HAVE HAD A CHANCE.I TRULY BELIEVE WE WERE SENT TO DR.RIVERA TO SAVE OUR SON'S LIFE,SHE HAS ALWAYS EXPLAINED HIS PROGRESS TO US,SHE ALWAYS MAKES SURE SHE PERFORMS EVERY TEST POSSIBLE FOR EACH VISIT WE HAVE TO INSURE THERE IS NO STONE LEFT UNTURNED.OUR SON HAS HAD 2 OPEN HEART SURGERIES & A CARDIAC CATH. ALL FROM THE FINDINGS FROM DR.RIVERA,I WOULD RECOMMEND DR.RIVERA TO ABSOLUTELY ANYONE WITH A CHILD BORN OR UNBORN WITH A SYMPTOM OF,OR EVEN KNOWLEDGE OF A HEART DEFECT.I AM VERY SAD TO SEE THAT THERE ARE DEROGATORY COMMENTS LEFT ABOUT DR.RIVERA OR HER STAFF,LEAVING COMMENTS LIKE THAT MAY DETOUR OTHER POTENTIAL PATIENCE'S THAT DESERVE A QUALITY EVALUATION AND POTENTIAL LIFE SAVING TESTING AND ADVICE FROM A TRUE HERO IN OUR EYES,PLEASE CONSIDER DR.RIVERA IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU LOVE OR CARE ABOUT ARE IN NEED OF A PEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGIST THAT IS TRULY MEANT TO BE IN THIS PROFESSION.AS FAR AS DR.RIVERA'S STAFF,PAULA & JANE ARE EXTREMELY FRIENDLY AND WILLING TO ACCOMODATE PATIENTS IF GIVEN THE CHANCE,I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING BUT SUBTLE COMFORTING MUSIC THAT IS ON EXTREMELY LOW,OR OF COURSE ADORABLE CHILDREN'S MOVIE'S TO COMFORT THE LITTLE ONE'S.WE FEEL LIKE THEY ARE FAMILY TO US,ITS BEEN 8 YEARS,AND WE WOULDN'T DREAM OF GOING ANYWHERE ELSE.PLEASE MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENTS TODAY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN EVALUATION THAT COULD POTENTIALLY SAVE YOUR CHILD'S LIFE. :o)

|  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

I would like to take this opportunity to say I have been taking my son to Dr. Rivera for 17yrs now. Without her quick diagnosis my son would be dead. She has seen us through may ups and downs with my sons extreme heart defect from birth. The office staff is warm and friendly and very helpful and cooperative with all your needs. They all have become our second family and we look forward to each and every visit.

|  Comment to March 8, 2012 review  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

The office would like to take this opportunity to respond to your dissatisfaction with our professionalism. We are sorry you are had an unpleasent experience. It is unfortunate that you were so upset you left without being seen by Dr. Rivera. We feel confident given the opportunity, we could have addressed your unhappiness and provided your child with the high level of care this office has based it's reputation on for years. You are welcome back to our office at any time. If you would like to reschedule your appointment, we are happy to do so.

|  Professional  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2012

Moms beware!! This office is HORRIBLE from the moment you arrive. The receptionist was verbally abusive and actually screamed at me when I asked how long the wait was. The radio station was playing obscene music for a pediatric office. Dr. Rivera needs a referesher course in personality. Ill never go back again!

|  very acomodating  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2011

My pediatrician heard a heart murmur in my 6 month old son. She told me to call Dr. Rivera. when I called the office I broke down crying. I was so upset I could hardly speak. The receptionist let me cry and calmed me down. she squeezed us in the next day just to calm me down. It turned out to be nothing. I could not have been treated better..I did have to wait 25 minutes and I started to get aggitated at having to wait. But when I got in the exam room with the doctor I realized I had to wait because Dr. Rivera will give you all the time you need to ask questions. Even if you ask the same question twice.

|  dissatisfied and insulted  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2009

-both office staff and billing staff were rude, unprofessional, and lied to me over the phone, giving incorrect information and refusing to provide information.-was told other children were not permitted, but many other parents brought other children.-was told credit cards were fine for co-pay, only to find they were not accepted.-dr. did not address in the slightest unprofessionalism of her staff.-arrived @ 8:10am for 8:15am appt, staff did not arrive until 8:20am to unlock office and dr. did not arrive until 8:40am. -doctor did not wash her hands after arriving in the office, tried to examine my premature infant without washing.