Dr. Luanne Rich MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Quincy, MA

3.0

December 16th, 2016
Dr Rich has a very engaging manner
I have gone to Dr. Rich for several years and always found her to be very engaging, but she is also very direct and I like that attribute. Other comments on this review site seem to all have to do with her manner. Dr. Rich is actually very funny and intelligent. I appreciate her personality and have had not issues at all with her.

August 8th, 2016
Laughs at pain
Dr. Rich has no bedside manner. She waa inconvenienced when I it waa a day to do a simple in vitro and many years later literally laughed at my menstrual pain that was so bad I got sick to my stomach and for which sent me to the hospital. Crown Ob Gyn has many competent doctors and nurse practitioners. Do not go to her.

November 16th, 2015
Abrupt, Dismissive, Rough
Dr. Rich is brusque. I have seen her only a few times in cases where I absolutely needed to be seen, and each time I found her dismissive, a fast talker, and she rushed through the appointment. I didn't feel heard, or have the chance to ask questions, because her demeanor so abrupt. Furthermore, she shoved a speculum inside me without any lubricant. I am not a daisy, but this level of callousness was quite upsetting. I would say my last appointment with her lasted barely 3 minutes. She seems to be quite different with her other patients, but I have seen her about 3 times over the years, and each time I found her bedside manner lacking. I am not sure about her diagnoses, as each time I don't think she listened to what I described, but rushed to fill in her own blanks.

April 9th, 2015
Satisfied Patient
I've been seeing Dr. Rich for the past six years. She helped me end a chronic issue I had with irregular bleeding for many years. I was surprised to read the recent negative reviews about her bedside manner. I've always found her to be engaging and smart, providing me thoughtful input as I figured out my reproductive strategy. She speaks very directly, but I appreciate that.

December 11th, 2014
Horrible Bedside Manner
Didn't answer questions or ease concerns; talked to me like I was an idiot. Awful.

October 8th, 2013
Almost lost my son because of her
She represented herself as a doctor for high risk pregnancies. She was my doctor in 1998. I became concerned when I had terrible pain at about 4 1/2 months pregnant. I was told it was normal ligament pain. The pain continued to the point I could hardly walk. She seemed annoyed I was complaining as she was in the hallway on the phone trying to find a new nanny for her kid. I then decided to go to a real doctor for high risk pregnancies. What I had was pubic symphysis, not normal ligament pain. Upon examination, I was also found to have an incompetent cervix and should have had stitches earlier in my pregnancy. My new doctor was concerned I was approaching pre-term labor and I was on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy along with a 3 week hospital stay. Thank God I changed doctors or I would not have my son.