General Practitioner, Internists, Cardiologist (heart)
Video profile
Advanced Cardiovascular Associates
45628 Schoenherr Rd
Utica, MI 48315
586-566-7870
Locations and availability (6)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Caring for People Over Money  |  show details
by Patty on Oct 27th, 2013

Simply, Dr. Sayed saved my husband's life and my own life twice. He is without lies and truly honorable. I encourage anyone to add him to his or her physician's list. He makes money but cares for people first. A curious combination these days.

|  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

I like the Dr. very much and he is very good at addressing my health issues. The only complaint is the amount of time I must wait to see him. I arrived 10 prior to my scheduled appt. time and waited 20 minutes in the lobby, then 45 minutes after I was in the room. My appt took a total of 1 1/2 hours from arriving to leaving. That is a bit excessive I believe. They need to work on their scheduling so lower the wait time.

|  Life giving thanks from E J Hyslop  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

Dr Sayed is a life saving GENIUS. I have two experiences to share. I came to the USA in 2006 after having lived in England most of my life. I had been passed from pillar to post in the UK, seeing 5 cardiologists over a period of almost 10 years, and all I was given was more medication. Not once was my heart scanned or had dye put thru it to find what was truly the underlying problem. When I arrived in the USA initially in 2006, I had become so used to being treated poorly by the British NHS system, that I suffered for a further 3 years, because I didn't want to be a nuisance to any more physicians. In March 2009 I was shoveling snow, when I was struck with severe chest pains. I went and saw my local Dr, Dr William Barker of Henry Ford Macomb, and within MINUTES he referred me to Dr LUAY SAYED.Dr Sayed saw me within the hour, admitted me to hospital, put me through various tests and within hours I was in the operating room. I had had a 95% blockage in a main artery which was on the verge of taking my life. Dr Sayed operated on my heart the same day and saved my life. The only issue on that 23rd day of March 2009 was,an emergency code BLUE (Life giving emergency) was called 12 hours after the procedure, a blood clot had formed in my groin and I truly thought that was the end of my life. At 6:28pm I looked at the clock in the bedroom as I felt myself slip into unconsciousness. I briefly had that out of body experience, whilst 13 medical staff fought successfully to bring me back. A wonderful experience but I don't recommend it, unless your life is prepared to meet your maker. Thanks to all the doctors and nurses who saved my life that day. I had to return to the UK in August 2010 for my sons wedding and a new problem arose with my heart. I saw 9 cardiologists yet again and was admitted to hospital on three occasions and ON ONE PARTICULAR OCCASION I WAS SENT HOME FROM HOSPITAL BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE MEDICATION TO TREAT ME AND THE ONE AND ONLY SCANNER WAS BROKEN. PRESIDENT OBAMA: YOUR NATION DOES NOT NEED OR WANT NATIONAL HEALTH CARE....IT'S A JOKE. WHILST I LAY IN THE RESUSCITATION ROOM FIGHTING FOR MY LIFE, ANOTHER PATIENT LAY ON A GURNEY (STRETCHER) IN THE CORRIDOR FOR 4 HOURS WITH A SERIOUS HEART CONDITION, AND I WATCHED HIM DIE BEFORE MY VERY EYES.Within 2 weeks of being discharged from the hospital I was readmitted to the same hospital on the verge of death. after 3 days in cardiac intensive care, this hospital told me they could not treat me and had to transfer me to another hospital 45 minutes away, where they had a scanner that worked, found the problem and partially resolved the heart condition. The main underlying problem still existed with the atrial valve, but they sent me back to the first hospital at Leighton, where they discharged me with a blood pressure reading of 180/114. They just don't care in the UK. You are nothing but a number or another statistic on the death records. I was given 11 different medications by the cardiologist in the hospital, to try and control the problem and told to go and see my local General Practitioner to ask for an outpatient appointment, at the cardiology department at the same hospital I had just been discharged from. I went to the G.P. to arrange an outpatient appointment and in his great wisdom, the 11 medications the cardiologist had put me on, the G.P. said..."You don't need all of those, I'm taking you off 8 of them!!!!". I was speechless. Because of the British National Healthcare system, you dare not open your mouth to complain to ANY doctor, or they will march you out of the surgery quicker than you can breathe.Anyways..... I arrived in the USA a few weeks ago, still with the mentality that I don't want to trouble any more doctors, for fear of being turned away or being a nuisance to them. My heart condition had deteriorated to the point where I had to go see my local Dr, who had me in to see Dr Sayed within the hour. THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN UK!!!!Dr Sayed now has me under his amazing care as I write this, and I do not have words to describe what this awesome doctor is like. With the greatest respect and reverence, I can only describe him as a saviour of my life. He has achieved in one week, that which NO DOCTOR OR CONSULTANT CAME CLOSE TO ACHIEVING during my 20 month stay back in the UK. NEVER GO TO THE UK WHEN YOU ARE ILL, YOU COULD DIE IN THE PROCESS!!!Some may consider that statement very dramatic and untrue, but here is a quote from a doctor I did see in the UK whilst I was there. "Mr Hyslop, your life is a lottery in the UK. You may end up in an area where you are treated well or another area where you could die". That is how unfortunate you could be. My most sincere thanks and gratitude go to Dr LUAY SAYED and his team for yet again being so speedy and professional in all that they have done and continue to do for me. I RECOMMEND HIGHLY DR LUAY SAYED AND HIS WHOLE TEAM TO ANYONE WHO HAS ANY HEART CONDITION. DR SAYED....I THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY LIFE. YOU ARE AN AMAZING GIFTED SURGEON AND I HOLD YOU VERY DEAR TO ME BOTH AS MY SURGEON AND A FRIEND.Edward Hyslop

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2009

Diagnosed my condition quickly and accurately, insisting on having cath procedure quickly and instead of finding just the one blockage that he expected, found four,and in my opinion prevented more serious problems.

|  show details
Apr 12th, 2009

HE SAVED A LIFE ...one day there i was dead and he came by and found a croud of peopleand Luay asked what happened and everyone said they lost a patient (me). He asked if he can try a stent on me and they said sure. When he did it my heart started beating again and in the next day i woke up. He is an amazing doctor.