Dr. Lucinda Bateman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 18th, 2016
Incredible staff, Dr. Bateman is so awesome. She saved my life.

April 1st, 2016
She is awesome!

October 5th, 2015
She's the best doctor ever. Takes as much time as you need to discuss all of you concerns. Very compassionate and caring.

June 25th, 2015
Electronic admission request
I don't understand why there is a means of applying for Dr. Bateman's clinic when you never get an acknowledgement that they received your e-application, don't return phone calls and aren't accepting new patients anyway, as I just discovered reading these reviews. I believe this is inconsiderate for those who are searching for good health and wellness. Reinforcement that the health care industry is inefficient and won't be improving any time soon.

May 28th, 2015
Unfortunately Dr. Bateman's practice is full and the only way to see her is to be put on the waiting list which means you may wait up to a year to see her. If yo have Chronic Fatigue or Fibromyalgia the wait is definitely worth it though as she is the premiere expert in the state of Utah for both. Her P.A. Patti still has an open practice and is currently taking patients. Patti is excellent as well and works closely with Dr. Bateman when treating her patients. I bounced from Dr to Dr all over the valley and never got the care I needed until I saw Dr. Bateman and Patti. Their expertise and care has helped me restore my health and quality of life.

July 11th, 2013
YOU WILL NEVER GET TO SEE THIS DOCTOR
I am not sure what use this Dr is to anyone. I have been on the "list" to be accepted since 2007 and when I called just this week, they said they did not know when I would be called and it would probably be years as there are thousands of name on waiting list and they have only accepted "2-3 people" since 2007!! Why do they have a list if no one is ever "accepted"? What is the point of this Dr even saying that they can help with these problems if you have absolutely no chance of seeing her??!! I told the front office to take me off the list since there is a very good chance that I would be dead by the time they cared enough to call me or if I ever was "lucky" enough to be picked off the "thousands and thousands" of names on the list for the Dr that will never see you

May 9th, 2012
An Angel
There are not enough words to describe Dr. Bateman's knowledge and commitment in the research and treatment of her Chronic Fatigue Patients. If more Docs were willing to educate themselves to this debilitating disease, there would be less people suffering both physically and mentally trying to find a doctor who would take the time to listen to them and help them with allxof the symptoms that make up this complex illness. Dr. Bateman not only listens but understand and sets up a treatment plan. I know, I was diagnosed 18 years ago,after spending much time and money only to be humiliated and demoralized by Physicians. I, am proud to say was able to go back to work full time, am a Grandma, love to travel and enjoy everything that life has to offer, THANKS TO DR. BATEMAN. I am monitored on medication to control this disease and have relapsed once, but are stable. Unfortunately, there is only one of her,she is a miracle.

September 5th, 2011
AMEN
There is no way for me to say it better than R. Jensen did in her review. Please read her review under the title of GRATEFUL. The only thing I could add is that Dr. Bateman must spend much of her free time researching and organizing to offer patients more information, training to help us cope, and studies in which we participate to help further the research. I came on this site to cast my vote for her as the Patient's Choice Award winner for her outstanding work in our behalf.

April 17th, 2010
GRATEFUL
Its hard not to be effusive when rating Dr Lucinda Bateman. Dr Bateman is indeed at the top of the list. My husband has been chronically ill for twenty years and had many physicians. Most were sadly lacking in willingness to deal with the intricacies of chronic illness with a few exceptions. Many specialists compounded to the trauma of chronic pain and chronic illness by their callous assumptions. Others were more focused on the mechanics of maintaining a thriving practice than on helping patients with complex health concerns. Dr Bateman is a standout. She is highly intelligent and compassionate. She is truly dedicated to her patients and to the development of rational protocols for helping people afflicted with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Because she spends an unusual amount of time in the initial evaluation and the subsequent treatment consults, compared to other practices, it limits the amount of monetary reimbursement she receives. There are many medical providers who offer expensive miracle cures, costly procedures, and lucrative surgical interventions in order to reap financial rewards and I am sure Dr Bateman could recruit a more profitable clientele, however, despite her shoe-string budget, she remains devoted to her patients and to research that will benefit them.In a field where there are few answers and many questions, Dr Bateman manages to instill a sense of validation and optimism in each patient consult. For a patient that is willing to accept the unknowable about Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia, there is no better partner in exploring the possible answers to his/her unique life/health experience.I did not down-rate the ease of getting appointment. Although the initial wait to become one of her patients may be lengthy, once you are established, needed appointments are scheduled with ease and thoughtfulness.