inactive

Lucy D Dewitt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

April 12th, 2015
I've visited several Neurologists in the past six months. Dr. DeWitt game me a diagnosis and the treatment worked!

July 23rd, 2013
I would never go back to Dr. DeWitt. She listens, but does not hear what you are telling her. Leaves your questions unanswered, by changing the subject. I was told that entire dept. is understaffed. It is. She schedules follow ups in 6 months, because of no history. Ask my PCP. GET a history. She can not accept MRI's from any place but the U adter she tells me she can, Expensive!! She needs to stick with one specialty, not dabble in more thn one, when diagnosing.

October 23rd, 2012
Dr. DeWitt is skilled, extremely knowledgeable, patient and easily understood.

August 21st, 2011
I wrote of my search for a Neuro for 15 yrs below, my feelings of Dr. Dewitt and Heidi are different now!
I had searched high and low for a knowledgeable neurologist to care and assist me in my very difficult and complex multiple neurological diagnoses. After 15yrs.of searching I thought I had found such in Dr. Dewitt. She is very intelligent and in clinic very caring, but once you are gone you are "OUT OF SIGHT! OUT OF HER MIND"! You're scheduled for 3 months follow up appointments and necessary blood work to check vital organs, and you receive a call the day of your appointment stating you have to wait another 3 months, because she's on vacation, sick or personal reasons. I last saw her the beginning of the year and due to this problem I do not see her until OCTOBER!!!!!! So all my vital labs and symptoms haven't been checked since the beginning of the year! Resulting in my monitoring to be done by my PCP, ER, and my other doctors! Can you say EXPENSIVE?!?!? Her follow up doesn't exsist! Coming out of recovery from a kidney surgery and a hysterectomy her un helpful, non caring, annoyed nurse is on the phone with me saying "Oh this is way too much for FMLA! Your place is in a nursing home! That's where you belong! " In my opinion from that comment, no return phone calls, and not completing paperwork that's necessary for insurance and job security, as well as not faxing necessary paperwork but saying she will, deems her worthy to be placed in the unemployment line! Heidi, what are you really getting your paycheck for? It certainly is not from earning it! She's a enormous reason I am seeking another neurologist and I think I may have found the one to trust my care to! Also in changing my medications 3times, she switched my pharmacy to a horrible one called Medfusion, from the one I very much liked called Advanced Care Scripts without informing me. Both my prior pharmacy and I asked she return me to my pharmacy I liked and she never has in 2 yrs! Regarding my Epilepsy she won't prescribe Valium to abort the frequency seizures because "she doesn't like Valium, she only likes ativan!" Knowing ativan knocks out 4-5 days of my memory, and I am status epilepticus!!! So all around my care and needs are NOT being met!! The rest of staff in the clinic are very nice, except that beastly Heidi!!!! Dr. Dewitt has a caring nature and bedside manner IN CLINIC ONLY! As when you leave she doesn't care about you as that reflects in Heidi and both of their extreme lack in follow up as well as follow through!!For me... the time has come to go elsewhere! AND SORRY HEIDI!!!! THAT "ELSEWHERE" I'M REFERRING TO IS NOT A NURSING HOME!!!!! I hope Heidi as well as Dr. Dewitt are quite happy as their ways have cost Dr. Dewitt me as a patient and if anyone reading this cares about themselves or a loved one, then it will cost her potential patients as well who are too smart to get mixed up in this cold,, uncaring and emotionaless circus! I will NOT nor will I EVER refer anyone to her! As no one should be treated the way Heidi treats people, nor should anyone be disregarded the way they both do!!!!

January 13th, 2011
15 year search for the best and I found her!
I have searched 15 years of nothing short of a living nightmare with complex health and extensive neurological history to find the best neurologist! I would not give up! After 15 years later I found her, Dr. Dewitt! She is so caring, intelligent, listens, does not rush you and she celebrates your victories with you, and immediately you see the wheels turning in her mind to improve things when she and you are concerned! You are definitely in it together! Not alone with her, she supports you right down to her praise of your bravery, her vibrant comforting smile upon walking in the room, to the reassuring hug that also lets you know she is proud of you as you leave her until next time. She has the best bedside manner and cares for you in such a gentle way as if I would image she would her own family! God blessed her with such amazing abilities to help those in need and I thank God for leading me to her as my neurologist! She is a blessing in mine and my families lives! Her nurse Heidi is also so wonderful! Very sweet, thoughtful, efficient and caring! Thank you Dr. Dewitt for all you do for others and all you have done for me! I pray for more doctors to strive and aspire to be like you! You are a gift and an inspiration! I always refer Dr. Dewitt, as she is a doctor that does her homework on you, and it is not unusual to be leaving your appointment near 6pm and she will still be happy to be seeing others following you, because she is helping people get and feel better!