Dr. P Kumar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

September 29th, 2015
She practices preference not medicine
First and foremost, based on her "beliefs" she will not prescribe any ADHD medication, which is fine I suppose. However my son who is 7 went to see her for the first time today and she refused to refill a mind altering medication that he has been on for several years now. Once I had done some research (on phone while in office) I found that at his age a complete "cold turkey" approach to that medication could be harmful to him. I brought that to her attention to which she replied, you can find someone else that will prescribe ADHD, I do not believe in it. Whether or not she believes in the ADHD is unimportant, what is important is the method in which she wanted to remove him from the medication, just simply dont give him any. Which again, could be harmful to such a small child. Besides that (which is the most important, the safety of my childs health) she was rather rude, would not listen to us (the parents) and even got his physical therapy orders wrong when it was laid out right in front of her by a fellow Dr. . Point is this Dr. is dangerous, and chooses to be ignorant based on beliefs, beliefs that could have endangered our child. A nurse who heard what the Dr. was doing took it upon herself to call a Dr. she knows that is in no way associated with Kumar and asked about the situation, that Dr.'s response was to tell us to get our child out of there ASAP before any damage could be done. Last issue, besides her endangering our child, and obvious rudeness was her lack of acknowledgement that our son not only has a cold (which hey it is that season) but an ear infection as well. Two separate nurses (LPN's) observed the ear infection and noticed the cold symptoms however Kumar (at this point I have a hard time calling her Dr.) didnt even address the redness or noticeable pain our son was in with the ear infection. Best advice could be to just flat out stay away from this Kumar so-called pediatrician. She is biased, rude, and unobservant.

January 12th, 2010
worst doctor ever!
Never take you kid to see her! but if you want to see how bad a doctor can be, give her a visit!