Dr. Ludmil Manov MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 7th, 2017
Awful, uncaring and rude
Dr Ludmil Manov is the single worst doctor I have ever seen. Not only was he EXTREMELY uncaring, unless he heard the word "suicide", he would blow off all feelings like they were nothing. He prescribed me medicine for an illness I have since learned I never had at age 8 that caused me to gain 100 pounds, which damaged my life in more ways than one and still affects me today. I would not see him even if I were paid to do so, and I recommend anyone who is considering using his services to do the same.

February 16th, 2017
After experiencing Dr Manovs bedside manor I would suggest you do your research. If you are looking for a therapist that has an open mind and does not cling to his opinion in an abrasive manor...this is not a good choice for you. Even after being presented with facts that throw doubt on the validity of his diagnosis, he still refuses to listen to alternate options.

April 17th, 2015
Dr. Manov called and reported the findings of my childs blood work to me. Great!

February 18th, 2014
"I feel JOYFUL!"
My family has been working with Dr. Manov since July. He has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help both of my children who are in his care. He worked extensively to monitor my 10 year old son daily when he was going through a terrible and scary time. My goal was to help my child at home so that he would not need to be hospitalized. Dr. Manov worked with me on this, even though it was very time consuming for him. We were able to keep him from being hospitalized! This child is now thriving! So many times, when my son leaves a therapy session with Dr. Manov he says, "I feel JOYFUL!" What a turnaround! Thank you Dr. Manov!

Turned my life around.
I have had problems with focusing on things,and keeping my mind from wandering on a dozen different thoughts at a time for my entire life. I also have trouble with time,motivation and social interactions. I have tried to seek help before and have been consistently misdiagnosed. Things were going very badly for me in my personal and work life and I had to do something,and found Dr Manov. He diagnosed me with ADHD and started me on medication. The difference was profound and almost immediate. Most of my symptoms because much less in magnitude and very much controllable. I have to say,last year was the worst year of my life,but I made it through,Ive got myself together and things are improving. Without Dr Manovs help,I would have lost my job,and health insurance and been out on the street.

Excellent Help with Troubled Teen
Dr. Manov was not only able to get to the heart of the matter with J, he was also able to provide me with sincere and helpful direction. I had felt so overwhelmed and terrified about what was going on and I was absolutely ready to consider residential placement to get the help we needed. Thanks to Dr. Manov and his help, that wasn't necessary. We followed his advice AND he followed up with me to make sure I was doing OK and to give me reinforcement. Things have turned around. He was available on a moment's notice, was caring, listened carefully to concerns, made sure we understood what he was telling us to do and just generally let us know we weren't in it alone. I have already referred several friends and family members to him and they are happy with him as well.

Dr. Manov is the BEST!
I found Dr. Manov after years of adequate psych service for my two teens (ADHD, and Bipolar). I was impressed by his knowledge and experience, and his quick determination of the best possible treatment options. He has an ability to get down to business fast, but is able to convey warmth and genuine interest at the same time. I especially appreciate his dedication to my kids and the approach he takes to achieve the highest possible level of functioning. Our lives are considerably better with his help.

January 3rd, 2014
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Manov. He treats me like a real person, listens to my concerns, and answers my questions. He is very competent, diagnosed me quickly. I like that he allows me to have the final say in what meds I do or don't want to take. Takes my complaints about side effects seriously. Very friendly and the staff is very likable and helpful too.

November 4th, 2013
He truly cares about his patients
Dr. Manov took the extra precautions in diagnosing my teenage daughter's mood condition. Most psychiatrists would have just given her an anti depressant and sent her on her way but Dr. Manov really spent the time to get to know her and her background. He helped design a whole treatment plan including the correct medication that would best help her to deal with her condition. She is now able to function like a normal teenager, enjoy school & her friends. She still requires treatment but Dr. Manov makes sure that she has her medication even if that means that he has to make extra phone calls after hours or meet with us on in between his own time. He truly cares about his patients.

October 7th, 2013
Dr. Manov
I have really appreciated what Dr. Manov has done for me. He has properly changed my medication where needed without feeling any unwanted symptoms. He has been able to block my panic attacks and helped me find an individual counselor. He cares about what I am going through and keeps great notes on what I am going through. He knows all his patients individually and I believe truly cares. I have not had a follow up after visits, but if I have any questions I have been able to call in and he is quick to follow up with me.

September 30th, 2013
Mother experience for her children
Dr. Manov has worked with my step daughter for about 2 years. I have seen marked improvement with her bi-polar behavior. He has been quick to call back and make changes in her medication as needed. He is now working with my youngest son and was able to make an accurate diagonsis with him and have seen immediate improvement in less then a week. What a wonderful difference these children's lives have made when there brains are working as they should.

September 29th, 2013
Excellent
Dr. Manov is always available. They get me in the same day if I am having a medication issue. I never wait more than a few minutes to get in. He is always willing to call in prescriptions or adjusted amounts to my pharmacy. He listens to my concerns. He explains side effects - sometimes he uses analogies to explain how something is supposed to work which is really helpful. We always talk about over-all health and well-being in conjunction with the mental wellness. His receptionist is SO great! She has dealt with my annoyingly demanding insurance with no issues.