Luella I Bangura MD Patient Reviews

May 15th, 2014
I have been going to Dr Bangura for 4 years. Sometimes I have to wait past my appt to be seen, but I know she is making sure each patient is being cared for as needed. She sent me on to a specialist for my stomach since my last physician said he just didn't know what else to do for me. I had cancer. It saved my life. I have many quirky symptoms and reactions to medical treatment. Dr Bangura understands that and can meet my needs.

May 1st, 2014
Awesome
I was asked to write a review about my doctor. I love the attention I get from my nurse. I know I ask a lot of questions and the doctor and nurse help me a lot. I usually take time from nurse but I really appreciate her taking her time. I have been going to Dr. bangura for 2 years and have no complaints. I only suggest we don't wait so long for our appointment. I love everyone in the office. Thanks.

April 2nd, 2014
Patient
Dr. Luella Bangura has been a lifesaver to me. She heard my cries for help when no one else was listening and she is able to find a solution for my healthcare needs. Also she gives me her full attention and honest Opinion and her Nurse Marie is like her right hand and all the staff is dedicated to the task at hand. Bangura runs a tight ship and I feel safe with my life in her hands

March 18th, 2014
READY SET GO!!!!!!!!
Walked in the office and it looked beautiful, clean and nursing staff very friendly.My appointment was at 1:00pm and saw the doctor at 2:30pm for a couple of minutes. I was so disappointed with the doctor because I waited for her 1 1/2 hour and she did not have the courtesy to take her enormous purple jacket off to examine me. The whole time in the room she was standing and talking to me about how she was at the hospital waiting on some nurses. Then she called out for one of her nurses and told them she was done and follow up in 2 weeks. I have never been to a doctor that makes me wait hours and spends ten minutes talking about something else. I interpret her having her jacket on and standing up the whole time she is talking to me as she needs to be somewhere else. I have called my Anthem Insurance and told them I would not see this doctor again. I spend more time with her two nurses than with doctor. Since then I have changed to another doctor. I did not recommend this doctor to my co-workers and RATE her a Zero.

November 26th, 2013
Patient Review
My experience at Dr. Luella Bangura's office was overall awful. The nursing staff is rude and uncaring. They are quick to judge instead of help the patients who walk through their door. If I could submit this review with a 0 star rating, I would. I wouldn't recommend any friend or family to go to this office. If you have an alternate doctor to visit, you should, and if you don't have one, I would recommend finding one. This office will soon have a lawsuit on their hands because the way they treated me and my family.

December 10th, 2011
includes you on decisions, she doesnt dictate to you like your an idiotvery easy to talk towilling to do testsoffice staff not good about returning calls even though their outgoing message says they will return your call within 24 business hrs, slow in calling in prescriptionsoffice help/receptionist not professional at all, hes the nurses son,nurse talks way too loud which causes a breach in privacy

October 28th, 2011
Multi-Tasking Office
I was a new patient not too long ago and was surprised by a phone call at night by a nurse wanting to make me an appt. I own a business and would love to have people that know how to mult-task like the nurse.I loved the dr and nurse personality from begining to end. I recommend Dr Bangura and her 2 staff members 100%. Very organized, clean office.

April 27th, 2011
New Patient and understand cruelty
I was a new patient several weeks ago and work in the medical field myself.I want to share something with everyone. When someone writes or says something bad it usely means they did not receive what they were looking for..there is always two sides to the story. I spent 56 minutes in the room till her nurse came in and repeated all the orders. Very knowledgable nurse.I recommend doctor and staff.

April 12th, 2011
Good doctor and staff
I was very happy. I was able to get an appointment on the very day I called. The doctor was caring and spent the time to explain things. I made a follow up appointment.

March 24th, 2011
My medical history means that I have seen several doctors over the course of my life so far, and I've never had the misfortune of seeing a doctor so disorganized and unprofessional as this one. She spent maybe fifteen minutes with me, typing on her laptop and yawning rudely the entire time. I got the impression that I was keeping her from something more important, and she scarcely made eye contact with me. Once her nurse entered the room, she talked over me, as if I wasn't even there. And despite the fact that I explained to her that I didn't have insurance and needed to pay for everything out-of-pocket, she not only ordered an expensive test, she did it without calling me to explain why! I didn't even know the test had been ordered until the hospital lab called to schedule the appointment! I was very angry about that but of course couldn't get anyone from her office on the phone when I tried to call, and after leaving them a message, they did not contact me. I am very disappointed in her bedside manner and her lack of caring regarding my best interests. On top of all that, her unkempt and unprofessional appearance was off-putting. I was not comfortable with her at all and after she scheduled the expensive test without even the courtesy of a phone call to me, I have decided that I will not return to her office.

January 16th, 2011
office staff that works very hard
I was a new patient and was shocked to see the doctors office packed with people. Yes, I waited 45 minutes but it was worth it. I was with the doctor 1 hour, and her nurse 20 minutes explaining everything taht was going to be ordered and done. To my surprise my doctor was wearing a red torn up sweater and torn hat. I will be having seveeral follow ups and hopefully doesn't continue to wear that. Overall my expeirence was awesome. I will recommend her to my no insurance friends.

January 13th, 2011
Smartness VS Looks
I have never seen or meet a doctor who is really smart but does not know how to dress professional. Working in this field as I do means. First Impression.I see her in the hospital and seen her as a patient and she dresses the same, wears a 5 year old hat. Her clothes is torn and old. But as doctor she is good and takes time with you. Needs help with her looks.