Overall Review

3.6

August 31st, 2015
office staff
I have been going to Dr. Desantis for 10 years. He tends to rush you through but does seem concerned about your well being. It was good until it became Aria. He has one member of his staff that is most unhelpful. She is rude and often doesn't give the Dr messages you leave for a return call. I know I have driven to the office & none of his original staff or him was aware I called.

July 21st, 2015
Quack Doctor
This office is absolutely ridiculous! One time he pulled out the wrong patients file and was telling me I had kidney failure than proceeded to yell at me when I told him I have not seen a kidney doctor. HELLO!!!!! Wrong file, what a quack! They never pick their phones up here, it constantly busy or when they do answer they put you on hold for a half hour! I cannot wait to find another doctor!!

May 28th, 2014
I have been a patient of his since he has been practicing at Stonybrook Medical Center. I've lost track but it has been over 20 years. He is the best doctor I have ever had. We have grown old together. He has never misdiagnosed anything. He is blunt but sincere. I think all doctors should take a lesson from him. I highly recommend him.

May 21st, 2014
Great doctor, great guy.
I've been seeing Dr. Desantis for 20 odd years and he's a great guy. I don't know who the idiot is that called him a quack, that's ridiculous. He's a very capable professional in every sense of the word. I think he may be a bit too busy for his own good sometimes, but he has always been very concerned for my well being and trustworthy with his diagnoses referrals. He has his quirks, but he's a great doctor and a great guy.

August 11th, 2013
Very Caring
Dr. DeSantis really cares about his patients and will go the extra mile to make sure they get the care they need. He has twice called personally to make appointments when members of my family needed to see a specialist quickly.

May 16th, 2012
denied wife medical care
Dr Desantis seemed indifferent to my medical care, with very poor bedside manner. Visit in the hospital was no more than one or two minutes.My wife and I are signed up with our insurance with him as our primary physician. He has refused to see my wife because she is in a Methodone program with Mental Health Services. Told us that he will not treat anyone medically if they take a narcotic for any reason at all - said it was his "personal policy".

March 16th, 2011
Awesome doctor
I have been seeing him for 17 year and he is one of the best doctors I have ever been too. So good that me and my whole family go to him!

August 7th, 2009
awful
stay far away from this quack!

August 3rd, 2009
Excellent Doctor with a great personality
I would highly recommend him. I'm not to fond of going to the doctors which no one is however, he was very thorough and had a wonderful scence of humor very hard to find this combo in a doctor.