A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Luis Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Luis Alvarez is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alvarez
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Alvarez Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Luis Alvarez, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Alvarez has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Christus St Joseph
- West Oaks
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Luis Alfonso Alvarez MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 47 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Luis A. Alvarez practice?
- Dr. Luis Alvarez has 1 office location.
Dr. Luis Alvarez practices Psychiatry near Houston, TX.
See Houston Psychiatrists.