Dr. Luis Celestino Afonso MD is a male Geriatrician, has 24 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Geriatric Medicine, Cardiology, and Geriatric Medicine.
A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Luis Afonso:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Luis Afonso, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including Chagas Disease.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Afonso graduated from Goa Medical College.More Education & Awards
Dr. Afonso has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Harper University Hospital
- Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Afonso accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 6 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 4 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Luis C. Afonso practice?
Dr. Luis Afonso practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Geriatric Medicine, Cardiology, and Geriatric Medicine near Detroit, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Dearborn, MI.
See Detroit Internists, Detroit Cardiologists, Detroit Geriatric Doctors, and Detroit Family Physicians.