A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Luis Afonso:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Afonso
Depression Patient Education Visit our depression patient education guide to learn about mood disorder, medical conditions and symptoms of depression.Before Visiting Dr. Afonso Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Luis Afonso, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Chagas Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Afonso graduated from Goa Medical College.
Dr. Afonso has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Harper University Hospital
- Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Luis C Afonso MD is a male Internist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease and Geriatric Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Luis C. Afonso practice?
- Dr. Luis Afonso has 4 office locations.
Dr. Luis Afonso practices Cardiovascular Disease and Geriatric Medicine near Dearborn, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Detroit, MI.
See Dearborn Cardiologists and Dearborn Geriatric Doctors.