Dr. Luis Camacho, MD
Internist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Jul 28th, 2015

I believe Dr. Comacho has issues delieving tough news to his patients. I've been on all 6 of my mom's doctor visits. He initially was great by answering questions and telling us not to worry. The appointment where he delivered the news he spent 4:34 seconds with us. Every subsequent visit we get on average 9 mins. He accused her of not following his instruction due to NOT taking all of her pain medication. The bottle stated take as needed. If she wasn't on a time crunch we would move to another doctor.

Competent, trustworthy, timely, effective team member ! show details Competent, trustworthy, timely, effective team member !
by Roy G. Friendswood, Tx on May 18th, 2015

Dr. Richard M. Warneke diagnosed my pancreatic cancer on (of all days) 9/11/2013. After Dr. William E. Fisher performed my pylorus preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy in October 2013, Dr Camacho prescribed 7 months of FOLFIRINOX chemotherapy followed by radiation therapy (Dr. L. Stephen Carpenter) and 2 additional years of medicinal tea therapy. Although the FOLFIRINOX did cause some tolerable liver damage, my CA-19-9 pancreatic cancer blood indicator has been normal since April 2014. After much prayer, my metastatic pancreatic cancer is gone by the grace of God and the work of these good men.

Dr gets thumbs up, St Lukes gets thumbs down show details Dr gets thumbs up, St Lukes gets thumbs down
May 30th, 2013

Dr. Camacho and the staff at Kirby glen are very good at what they do. BUT St Luke's is a bureaucratic nightmare. It is routine for them to lose tests results or paperwork often requiring the patient to do the leg work to find the missing items. So routine that the staff accepts it as the best that can be done. Cancer patients have enough stress as it is, they don't need a hospital to pile on with ineptitude and institutional laziness.

Jan 8th, 2012

Excellent Dr...the time you wait in the waiting room will be the time he spends with you....he is very on top of things and very knowledgable....would definitely recommend him to my family.