A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Luis Canales:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Luis Canales is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Canales
Crohn's Disease Patient Education Learn about Crohn's Disease and possible symptoms such as intestinal blockage with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Canales Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Luis Canales, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Canales graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Canales has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center
- Massena Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Luis Ivan Canales MD is a male Internist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Luis I. Canales practice?
- Dr. Luis Canales has 1 office location.
Dr. Luis Canales practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Massena, NY.
See Massena Internists and Massena Gastroenterologists.