Dr. Luis Chanes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Luis Chanes?

May 9th, 2016

Stay away!!!! Rude staff!!!

I took my father in law here for surgery and then all my family of 4. The dr us ok but the staff!!! Omg!!! Hoe can they even be in a health care field? No compassion for elderlies, empathy, nothing. I am switching! Never will come or refer anyone here.

March 1st, 2016

It's been 2 years since cataract surgery in left eye. Went into surgery expecting the great results all my family had (at different Doctor). I no longer have a cataract but he left me with iridodenisis. It's awful. My iris jiggles every time I move my eyes causing flickering and loss of some peripheral vision where I now see what seems like a dark object although nothing is there. I went back several times to find out what was wrong and each time he gave me a different answer. Finally when I told him he was wrong and I wanted an accurate diagnosis he finally casually mentioned what I now have. He's rude and a jerk. Horrible human being and I wish I had sued him.

July 12th, 2015

My first appointment with Dr. Chanes included the longest timeframe, 3 hours, most of which was waiting, with 3 separate vistits in and out of 3 separate exam rooms! Follow up appointments were more timely however. In the weeks from initial visit, through surgery and now follow up visits,I understand his office (Santa Ana) switched to a new phone system. Initiall'y I had trouble getting through by phone but that did change and the front office is easier to reach by phone now. Generally a positive experience over all.

April 24th, 2015

No major complaints.

Have been there multiple visits. Doctor comes across as competent, and brisk. Staff is okay. Patients are, unfortunately, stacked in like a herd of cattle. In fairness my other eye doctors also had the same jam packed assembly lines of patients, as well.

September 3rd, 2013

Dr. Chanes

I won't ever go back here. His staff is the most miserable crew I have ever dealt with. Just plain mean at both his Mission Viejo and Santa Ana location. Unbelievable wait in Santa Ana. After 45 minutes I told the nurse at the counter if I did not see the doctor in 5 minutes, I was leaving. I should have left. An exam was done but not a contact fitting even though I had requested it. The nurse told me that I didn't and suggested I forgot or a more sinister intent. The Santa Ana office compared to his Mission Viejo office looks like a mess. The Dr. is very capable and competent but does have an arrogance about him that my daughter and wife do not like. I have changed doctors now and will not return here.

October 10th, 2011

OFFICE STAFF IS RUDE

May 31st, 2011

all about rolling patients in and out

doesn't spend time with patient, doesn't care about complaintsbeing going to his office for about 1 year and he is always in a hurry....

May 28th, 2011

just had an apointment, and I am very disapointed with the overal experience.Office staff very unprofesional, the dr was just in and out, didn't answer questions.I asked for a diferent prescription since the one he gave me was not covered by insurance, the answer was, just go ahead and buy it. I explained that it is pretty pricey (over $ 130 for 2 weeks suply), he said that's just what people spend on a night out, I felt that was very bad for him to say to a patient, specially knowing that the person has limited income

June 12th, 2009

Emergency Problem

I had left a message with Dr. Chanes's answering service @12:30p I waited until 2:20pm to see what had happen. All the girl told me was "someetimes the answering service doesnt give us all our messages because there are so many". They should really deal with their service because if there was an emergency that resulted in a severe consequences then what?

September 22nd, 2008

Glaucoma?

The specialists that did my eye surgery tested me 2 times and said I had the beginnings of Glaucoma. Less than 10 min with Dr. Chanes just LOOKING into my eyes, he said he couldn't see anything. Said they (other dr's must be crazy). Scheduled more tests but took over a month to get each appointment. I'm nopt sure how I feel about him yet. Is he right? I'd like a second opinion but my disability insurance doesn't cover it. Surprised it covered this actually.

October 2nd, 2017