Dr. Luis Destarac MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

November 1st, 2015
Waited 55 minutes in office for Dr. to come in. Offered no reason nor opology for the wait time. Never called in prescription to pharmacy.

April 30th, 2015
mothers care
I was blown away with my first experience with Dr. Destarac. I have never experienced the lack of concern for feeling of the family when delivering feedback on mom's condition. We had never met him before and he walks in her room and never acknowledges or introduces himself to the family. He didn't even speak or introduce himself to her and spent maybe a second on her and then begin to tell the family there was no hope for her she was old and would never go home. This was such a shock to us as we had just been told she was improving and she was eating and talking to us. We walked outside her room and experienced another family had just experienced the same feeling from him as well. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND him as a DR.

April 25th, 2015
Very rude. Came in room with chart and still ask if I was a man or woman. He also ask my name. Why did I fill out all those paper. Ranted about hiw bad my insurance was and told me I need better insurane

March 3rd, 2015
Dr. Desteric was the only doctor on my insurance in Tyler that went out of his way to work his schedule to see my daughter after a severe allergic reaction/infection. We had had two ambulance rides, three trips to the ER and one hospital admittance and needed to get into a specialist ASAP. After calling four others, he was the only one that requested my daughters papers from her doctor and called us back within a day! I was so pleased and they have even called us back to follow up! This is what doctors use to be like! I can't say thank you enough!

October 13th, 2014
The Dr was very friendly. The Respiratory Therapist was excellent. But this is more of an allergy clinic and I needed a Pulmonogist. During the "walk test" the nurse had me sit down for 2 minutes because my oxygen level was down to 89% & at 88% they put you on oxygen (and home oxygen). Why she did that I do not know. I have been having TIAs due to lack of oxygen to my brain. I was also given allergy tests even though allergy testing was never discussed other than me stating that I have allergies and have done the rounds of shots. So, the very nice Dr came back in, told me O2 sats 89%. Looks great and did I want to start allergy shots. I am on immunosuppressants and corticosteroids. I can't take allergy shots. I need to stop the damage to my brain. I needed a Pulmonologist. Said he called in a script for inhaler. 6 days later, no script. Waste of time. Waste of money. Jeopardized my health.

October 15th, 2012
Great dr
Dr. Destarac is an excellent dr who not only sees his patients but cares about them. He is a great person and i would not change him for anything and hope he stays as long as we need him .

August 7th, 2011
Great doctor-very knowledgable.
Dr Destarac is great! His office staff could use some training in patient relations and learning to take a vested interest in patients well-being because it seems they are just doing their job and have no real concern for the patients. However, that is only withthe front office staff. Dr Destarac and his immediate team are fantastic and very caring and Helpful.