Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
 |  Not impressed  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2014

I needed surgery on my L4-S1. He kept upping my pain meds without me asking, he performed a myelogram that hurt so bad I ripped the padding off the table. Then came time to do preop and they said they couldn't do surgery because of my blood pressure which had been the same the entire 2 years I'd seen him. 3 times they scheduled surgery without insurance approval and once cancelled surgery without notifying me. I live 3 hours away and that's absolute misery with severe back pain and they act like it's no big deal. Once they called and couldn't understand why I couldn't just come for surgery the next day. Duarte specifically said I probably wouldn't get much relief and if it didn't work there's nothing else he could do.

|  Dr duarte gave me a ct milogram on my neck  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2013

The most memorable thing was the screaming pain I felt and he stated I must of hit a nerve and I still have pain on my scalp from a neck procedure makes since huh been 3 yr's ago pay more attention Sir.

|  ONLY the best  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2012

He's definately in the correct profession...would greatly enjoy seeing other Dr's care even 1/2 as much as Dr. Duarte.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

Dr. Duarte has changed my life with chronic back pain from a broken back when I was young. He has a wonderful, caring, compassionate manner and listens to his patients. Many dr's do not listen. He is working with me to prevent surgery until absolutely necessary, I appreciate the fact that surgery isn't his only answer. I love this dr.!

|  strongly recommend this surgeon  |  show details
by S. Williams Sweetwater, Tx on Aug 9th, 2010

I cannot begin to thank Dr Duarte for changing my life. Other surgeons would tell me I required surgery but said it could live with the numbness. Dr Duarte went out of his way and ordered more test and quickly scheduled my surgery. It has made a big difference immediately. Dr Duarte is a very kind and compassionate surgeon and human being. His skills are beyond remarkable. I suggest to you reading this that if you are having spinal pains, please go see this man. You will be better off in the long run. He has great bedside manners. He is prompt and my surgery went by very quickly. I only had to spend one day in the hospital and am now recovering at home.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Anonymous on Jul 28th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

I went in for chronic low back pain. The MRI's I'd had did not show anything and neither did any x-rays. My pain was not the result of an in ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com