Dr. Luis Duarte MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery San Angelo, TX

• Good
  • Bad

June 2nd, 2016
Dr Duarte has to many patients to pay attention to everyone on a professional bases. Nurses are unprofessional with comments to patients

June 14th, 2015
fantastic neurosurgeon with great personality

April 4th, 2015
Perfection over all
Was great at communication, prompt, and knows what he's doing. All I can say is thank you!

March 31st, 2015
Best surgeon! An angel with skilled hands! Thank you for bringing our mother back to us!

February 24th, 2015
he said" If you were my mom, I would do it this way " left hospital in 24 hrs, cage & two metal supports
repaired my injury to allow me almost same lifestyle as before for over ten yrs now did not expect to be able to do as much as I do without limited meds.

February 5th, 2014
Not impressed
I needed surgery on my L4-S1. He kept upping my pain meds without me asking, he performed a myelogram that hurt so bad I ripped the padding off the table. Then came time to do preop and they said they couldn't do surgery because of my blood pressure which had been the same the entire 2 years I'd seen him. 3 times they scheduled surgery without insurance approval and once cancelled surgery without notifying me. I live 3 hours away and that's absolute misery with severe back pain and they act like it's no big deal. Once they called and couldn't understand why I couldn't just come for surgery the next day. Duarte specifically said I probably wouldn't get much relief and if it didn't work there's nothing else he could do.

April 27th, 2013
Dr duarte gave me a ct milogram on my neck
The most memorable thing was the screaming pain I felt and he stated I must of hit a nerve and I still have pain on my scalp from a neck procedure makes since huh been 3 yr's ago pay more attention Sir.

February 4th, 2012
ONLY the best
He's definately in the correct profession...would greatly enjoy seeing other Dr's care even 1/2 as much as Dr. Duarte.

September 14th, 2011
Great doctor
Dr. Duarte has changed my life with chronic back pain from a broken back when I was young. He has a wonderful, caring, compassionate manner and listens to his patients. Many dr's do not listen. He is working with me to prevent surgery until absolutely necessary, I appreciate the fact that surgery isn't his only answer. I love this dr.!

August 10th, 2010
strongly recommend this surgeon
I cannot begin to thank Dr Duarte for changing my life. Other surgeons would tell me I required surgery but said it could live with the numbness. Dr Duarte went out of his way and ordered more test and quickly scheduled my surgery. It has made a big difference immediately. Dr Duarte is a very kind and compassionate surgeon and human being. His skills are beyond remarkable. I suggest to you reading this that if you are having spinal pains, please go see this man. You will be better off in the long run. He has great bedside manners. He is prompt and my surgery went by very quickly. I only had to spend one day in the hospital and am now recovering at home.

July 28th, 2010
Great Doctor
I went in for chronic low back pain. The MRI's I'd had did not show anything and neither did any x-rays. My pain was not the result of an in ...

June 19th, 2017