A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Luis Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Luis Alvarez is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from Ponce School of Medicine .
Dr. Alvarez has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Iberia Medical Center
- Dauterive Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Luis E Alvarez MD is a male Internist, has 22 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Luis E. Alvarez practice?
- Dr. Luis Alvarez has 3 office locations.
Dr. Luis Alvarez practices Gastroenterology near New Iberia, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Lafayette, LA.
See New Iberia Gastroenterologists.