Dr. Luis Escobar MD Patient Reviews

• Medical Genetics Indianapolis, IN

• Good
  • Bad

September 1st, 2016
Best doctor in a very long time
Dr. Escobar related to my kids amazingly well and put them at ease in a stressful situation. In fact, he related just as well to my 10 yo as he did to my teenagers. He is charismatic and funny and I appreciate his knowledge and his manner. I'm not glad for the medical ramifications, but I'm so glad that he's the doctor I get to see every year now.

January 14th, 2016
Takes time to listen to questions concerns and spent more time with us than I would expect!

December 29th, 2015
After going to several specialists ,we found Dr Escobar who was able to correctly diagnose our son and pull all of his other symptoms together with the diagnosis and everything made sense Our son has a very rare syndrome and Dr Escobar was able to diagnose him. We had been to another very prominent hospital prior to visiting Dr. Escobar and the doctors there couldn't figure out what our son had.

February 3rd, 2015
Knowledgeable and compassionate
Dr. Escobar is amazing! We live in a rural community and travel 2 hours to see him and it is well worth it! He does sometimes have to reschedule, but that is a side effect of a doctor who is in demand. He is superior to any doctor we have ever seen. We are so blessed to have him watching over our micro preemie's development!

November 7th, 2012
He is a fantastic doctor, I totally recommend him.

August 8th, 2012
He is the best. He diagnosed my child correctly after many others were just willing to "give" a diagnosis so that my child could receive the special education services that he needed.We LOVE him.

June 12th, 2012
The wait for this office is ridiculous. Even if its the first appointment of the day, it's 20 minutes before we were taken back. This is our experience with the waiting area. More time is wasted in exam room while waiting for the doctor. There is a norm wait time is an hour

March 8th, 2012
We love Dr. Escobar!
My daughter is 4 years old. As any parent of a special needs child will know, it is very hard to predict the outcome of a child this young, especially in infancy. The what ifs, what wills, etc. are so very hard to deal with. Dr. E has been such a blessing to Kaiya and our family for the simple fact that he acknowledges that. He has been right on about everything he has predicted. Even that one time when I thought he was crazy, I should have listened to him b/c he was right! Caring, educated, and involved are 3 words that come to mind. I recommend him to any family that has a special needs child and feels as if they are at a dead end with their current Dr. Everyone that I know, whom knows him or has dealt with him says one thing. "I LOVE DR.ESCOBAR!"

December 22nd, 2011
Hi it's Marletta Retherford
I would recomend other patients to be your Doctor.

August 14th, 2011
Will not listen; unreasonable charges
I recently took my twins in to see Dr Escobar after some concerns, mostly with one of my daughters. The other has made good progress in the months we had to wait for an appointment. They sent them to do a 15 min test with an occupational therapist in their diapers and a cold room and charged us $490 per child. Also, the Dr spent maybe 15 min total with us. He would not listen to my concerns about my one daughter just talking about the other having a "panic attack" because she was screaming at him (normal for a 2 yr old) and arguing with me that the Dr office can't be the only place she's doing that. Then after 15 min said they both had autism after not even asking me many questions about their functioning and that only one should get blood work to check for reasons. Maybe he thought they were identical but he never asked. However, he was insisting we check our daughter with the "panic attacks" for Rett syndrome and not the other one we were concerned about. Needless to say we chose the daughter that was concerning us and didn't listen to him. But now we're still not any closer to having our concerns for her addressed. She's having some weird sensory issues that are baffling her therapists and he refused to discuss with me.

July 25th, 2011
Please, get a second opinion after you see him for anything complicated!
Let me just say, I have a graduate degree in nursing, and a lot of experience with pediatrics, and I went to see Dr. Escobar after my child left St. V. Nicu. The Nicu was wonderful, so i thought I would have the same experience with Dr. Escobar considering he was an MD there. He had NO idea why my child was there. After a very lengthy NICU stay, he had no idea why my child had been in organ failure, told me that he would likely have brain injuries, and may never be normal. I left this appointment devastated. I later visited our regular peditrician to for a check up that day, and my ped md sent us to Riley for a second opinion after getting off the wall instructions from Escobar. My child has no brain injury, is completely normal, and our visit to the Riley doctor, was completely different. I was not asking ANY doctor to tell me what I WANTED to hear.... I just want something better than a guess, and a stab in the dark. Don't waste your time with Escobar.

May 27th, 2011
Dr. Escobar is one of the best to trust with your child
We have seen Dr. Escobar for over ten years as he has helped us navigate the seas of diagnosis and treatment for our three sons with a rare disorder as well as autism and other diagnoses. He has become a friend of the family and the kids adore going to see him. I value him as one of the best members of my children's health care team.