Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Simple the best show details Simple the best
by Patient of Dr. Camero's since December 2013 on Mar 26th, 2015

I am sorry to read the two negative reviews because I have had nothing but a positive experience with Dr.Camero. He performed a 2 and half hour surgery on me for esophagus cancer. Two days prior to that he was with another doctor while that doctor performed another 2 and half hour surgery for my stomach mobilization. It's been almost a year since that surgery and all is well! Dr. Camero's beside manner is unique but I have never found him to be rude to me or my family when they ask questions. When his office was on Kelly there was quite a wait but he spends all the time you need with him and I have never been rushed. This could account for the waiting - that and because he is a doctor everybody wants to have! When I talk with other medical professionals during my experience and they ask me who my surgeon is they ALL compliment him and tell me he's the best. When my primary doctor gave me Dr Camero's name he said "you're in good hands". I was and I am!

daughter of Dr Camero's patient show details daughter of Dr Camero's patient
by Leiann Day on Jan 20th, 2015

I met with Dr. Camero and my mother at St John hospital about a surgery to remove a tumor on her lung . She is a patient in the ICU and is being seen by two teams of primary doctors and kidney specialists. They are not all in agreement about how to proceed with her treatment. Dr. Camero insists on removing the mass on her lung today without the Pet Scan that the other doctors believe should precede the surgery. During his visit to my mother in the ICU this afternoon I asked him very politely exactly what the disagreement was about. I wanted to know exactly why the kept changing their mind about the surgery. It was on, then it was off. There was confusion amongst the nurses and staff. They were telling her she could eat and then she couldn't. It was quite frustrating. What really upset me was the way he spoke to me. He was very arrogant and spoke to me almost like I was a child who could not understand. He said medicine is not an exact science and everyone doesn't think the same way about what is best. He pulled off his hat to show me his gray hair and told me that that is how he knows what is best for her. His gray hair has given him the experience. I was simply asking specifically what the disagreement was. I also said that I know that science and medicine are not in black and white. He began to give me some details and his phone started to ring. He answered the phone mid conversation without saying excuse me and I never had my questions answered. Our time was up. What he did communicate to me was that the PET scan couldn't be done for two weeks and that he is going on vacation tomorrow so this can't wait. I hate to say this but it seems that doing this surgery now by him is more important than actually doing the right thing. I am very disappointed by his arrogance and rude bedside manner. I don't expect a doctor to be so rude taking calls while we are speaking.

Jan 15th, 2015

Dr Camero is a very thorough doctor. This does tend to cause a bit of a wait to be seen once you arrive @ the office. I believe it is worth every minute I have to wait knowing I have a very caring and awesome doctor

Not worth the wait... show details Not worth the wait...
by Juli on Sep 9th, 2014

Made an appointment for my 84 year old mother who has a "spot" on her lung, probably cancer considering she has smoked for 65 years... Waited in waiting room for 1 hour and 45 minutes, half was standing as there were not enough chairs.... the 4 magazines he had were from spring of 2013. I asked how much longer the wait was going to be, the receptionist said we were next, Doctor happened to be standing there recording in a chart and said "I have lots of people to see". I said " I appreciate that but my time is valuable as well, I took time off of work that I didn't need to since I've already been here past my quitting time and a courtesy call letting me know you were behind would have been appreciated" He replied "well that's too bad, I have other people to see". 15 minutes later we were called into a room to wait another hour and a half. I went to the desk and asked for the CT scan back and left. The arrogance and inconsideration was in excusable. If that is the way he treats his patients that are waiting I don't want my mother seeing him....

The best show details The best
by Doris Parker on Oct 13th, 2013

In 2011 Camero became my doctor I had a mass on my right lung I had been layoff no health insurance Dr Camero performed the 5 hour procedure I have found Dr Camero to truly care about his patients He put together a team of doctors for me to deal with my cancer and needless to say am still here His staff at his Kelly office are so wonderful and caring you couldn't be in better hands my life was more important than the insurance so if you are looking for a doctor that truly cares and knows his stuff I recommend Dr Camero He's the best in my book and is spoke of highly in the medical field I know I asked around

BEST DOC IN TOWN! show details BEST DOC IN TOWN!
by Susan Miller on Aug 11th, 2008

Dr. Camero has treated me since 1992 when he performed two thoracotomies and other procedures on me. I truly believe he saved my life. He has treated me for many conditions since that time, despite the fact that I moved to Albuquerque and have to fly to Michigan to be seen by him. His bedside manner is kind and caring, and I am never nervous before procedures because I know I am in the best hands possible. I have referred other patients to him who have had the same experiences with him as I have. If you need a highly qualified and kind thoracic surgeon, please do yourself a favor and call Dr. Camero.